Sunday, October 4, 2020

Cabin Conference

I woke Jorja up at 5:00 and we were out the door by 5:30. Part of the deal of me letting her stay out so late was she promised she would stay awake with me and talk with me the entire drive, and that she wouldn't be on her phone, and that she would stay awake during conference. Well, that didn't happen, of course. She was tired. Shocking. The entire drive up I was reminded of another time driving up with Jorja. We were driving up to watch Stockton open his mission call. I stayed behind with her so she could decorate for homecoming. I also had given my dad tickets to a play for his birthday. It was a matinee, so we were able to go after that. Anyway, Jorja was pretty silent the entire way up. I remember begging her to talk to me. I asked what happened today. She said nothing. I told her I know something happened. She said nothing did. I started having a panic attack around Park City. I was tired and hungry. But mostly devastated that she wouldn't talk to me. Turns out that after decorating she went to the movies with a boy and he kissed her. Then they went to the canyons and talked and he kissed her again. This brought back so many unhappy memories of that drive. On the bright side, I didn't crash and we got to the cabin before conference began. It is so great to be able to watch conference here. Much better than listening to it with the sound cutting out ever few minutes.

The coolest thing ever happened. Nikki sent me a picture of Stockton! They had Stockton and his companion over to watch conference. How amazing is that! He has been there less than a week and she already had him over. That made me so happy! Nikki said not to worry he wasn't sleeping, he was taking notes on his phone.
Elder Radley & Stockton
Katy & Nikki
Maddie, Riley, Eryn, Elder Radley, Stockton
Jorja signed up to go on an overnight trip to SUU with Ireland. She spend the rest of the time looking at pictures and making her collages.
Riley & Jorja
I was exhausted by the end of the day, but it is great to be up here with my family. Stockton will be here for the next conference! Yay! I sure do miss that boy!

No comments: