Thursday, October 22, 2020

Filling the Pond

Seriously? The pictures all went in backwards again! Noooo!!! Blogger stop messing with the way things are done! Oh well... I don't want to start over, so we will talk backwards. Jorja had girls night with a few people. Bode had invited a lot of people to the Salt Flats. I did not want Jorja to go. Luckily she decided she didn't want to go on her own, so that didn't become a thing. She got her PLT shirt. I think they got their jerseys too. This time it was a short sleeve hoodie. Jorja's says JORJIE on it. I'm kind of bugged that student government didn't get shirts this year. Usually they get two shirts. This year nothing. So many things got cancelled this year, why take that away too? Jorja doesn't seem bothered about it, so that's good. Her student government shirts were super cute her freshman year, but she hasn't really liked them since.

Jorja
Jorja told me that when she was a freshman, all the sbos had their office embroidered on their Alta blanket. I gave Jorja an Alta blanket when she was a freshman and had it embroidered with Jorja Class of 2021. I called Ellie's mom and asked her where she had the blankets embroidered. She gave me the lady's name. She was willing to add student body financial chair for me. I know Jorja has a lot of plans this weekend with the Halloween dance and everything. So, I gave this to her as an early birthday present.
My fancy wrapping of Jorja's blanket
Random picture of Gabby and Jorja in seminary
Mike started filling the duck pond today! What a project! He is so excited. I hope the ducks appreciate it!

Mike fishing out a rock that fell in
A guy came over to work on our ice machine. That sure cost a pretty penny to fix! While he was here he looked at our washing machine. It has been out on our front porch for a bit. I have literally been doing laundry out there. Classy. Hahaha. Anyway, he couldn't find anything wrong with the washing machine. Mike hooked it back up and decided to run it while the guy was still here. I was doing dishes and walked down the hall after it had been going about five minutes. The hallway was flooded again! It was pouring water down in the basement as well. Not fun. Turns out it wasn't the washing machine that was broken, something is wrong with our pipes. Now our wood floors are popping up. I'm so frustrated! Both times it flooded we saw it within a few minutes, but still the floor is warped. I hope once it is completely dry it will go back down. Looks like I will be doing laundry on the porch for a few more days.
Two more random things. First, Jorja was able to get Venmo approved for the fundraiser. She worked HARD on this! Other years haven't been allowed, so this is so happy for her! Second, Jorja has been asked to be in Dancing with the Hawks. She is soooo excited! She has always hoped she would be asked! The ballroom officers are the ones who participate in it, and there are only two boys this year. She is so excited to be asked! She found out today that they will be doing the jive. She is happy about that as well.

No comments: