Sunday, January 17, 2021

First Batch

Preston's mouth is feeling better, so I was excited to try out the waffle iron. I texted my dad several times during the making of the waffles, just to be sure I didn't mess up. Not about how to make the batter, but how to use the waffle iron. Turns out the light at the top that my dad still uses doesn't work on mine. Three minutes ended up being the perfect amount of time. Took us a bit to get there though.

First batch
Perfect
We invited Riley over for dinner today. Jorja has been upset with me that I haven't embraced Riley like his family has embraced her. So, I was trying to be a good sport and had Jorja invite him over for dinner and games. He ended up not being able to come through. His dad was sent to the hospital around 3:00 in the morning and he was there most of the day. Jorja brought them cookies and talked to Riley's mom for a bit. Jorja's dinner turned out so delicious. Her taquitos reminded me of No Names from Ixtapa in Washington. Delicious. She also made pizookies. Cookies in a dish with ice-cream.

Preston & Bear
Jorja did try and play Pandemic with us. Mike, Preston and I have been playing it a lot. It is kind of complicated to just jump into. She was completely distracted though and while we were playing realized that she had to turn in all her NHS hours and write about her service. At least she kind of tried to play with us. We will take what we can get at this point. Mike, Preston and I had fun though.

No comments: