Thursday, January 7, 2021

Payton's Wedding

Wow! What a crazy day!!! Jorja has been studying so hard for her statistics test. The kids could choose whether to take it in class or at home. They could take it any time today if they took it at home. If they took it at school they would only have the class period. Jorja has had a substitute for months in that class. Chad got in a motorcycle accident and hasn't been back. Last class the substitute talked for twenty minutes before they were able to get to work. That would be awful on a test day. Jorja told me she wanted to take the test after school. I asked her if she would like to take it during class, but at home. Her class is the first period of the day and advisory is after. I figured she could miss advisory today and be able to finish her test. That is what she did. She was disappointed. She ended up scoring 89%. She only missed two questions though. Anyway, she couldn't believe it when she got to school. She got there right at the end of advisory. When she was in the parking lot Lucas called her crying. She hurried to her class and tons of people were crying. Packer quit today. He came in and gave a speech and then left. I feel so bad for talking Jorja out of going today. Packer has been the student government advisor for years! I can't believe today was the day he quit! Shay is going to be the new advisor. She is the PLT advisor. Jorja likes her a lot. She is actually aiding for Packer and Shay next semester. Anyway, this will be quite a change. It will be interesting to see how it all plays out.

On an unrelated note, I ordered this waffle maker from Ebay. It is from the 60s and I think it is just like my dad's. My dad's waffle maker makes THE BEST waffles! My brothers and I haven't found anything like it on the market now. I'm excited to try it out!

Preston got spacers in today. He will be getting braces next week. We weren't sure if he could eat popcorn with spacers. He LOVES popcorn. We know he can't eat them with braces. He will have braces for about two years. We found out he can eat them with spacers, but so far his teeth have been too sore for him to do that.
Preston
Our 19 year old neighbor, Ethan, was baptized today. So crazy! They had the baptism on zoom. It was really cool because he has tons of great friends on missions, and they were all able to zoom in. It was cool to see Race on there. Race is serving in California and ended up teaching Ethan when he was at his dad's house. Something like that. Awesome that he could see the baptism! We watched the baptism while we drove to Lindon. Payton Myers got married today! Wow! I was so excited to see Teresa. I wish she lived two doors away from me like she used to! Today was a mini Georgia reunion. We were walking in and Maysen whispered, "Is that Brother Montgomery?" It was! He was sitting on the couch. Then a few minutes later Jeremiah walked by. Sooo crazy and fun! I wish I would have gotten a picture of Maysen, Payton, Jeremiah and Thomas all together. They were all there. Those four were in the same primary class for YEARS! Crazy to see them in the same place again. And Thomas is getting married tomorrow! Wow!
Teresa & Stephanie ~ she looked so beautiful!
I had a mask, just took it off for the picture
Maysen and Payton ~ they have been friends since they were four
Little Payton and Maysen
Jerome, Teresa, Payton, Kinsie
Jennifer, James, Maysen, Mike and Stephanie ~ the Montgomery's moved to Utah and we had no idea!
Teresa is photobombing Hahaha
Mike, Maysen and I had a great time at the wedding. We left Preston home alone with Bear. Bear enjoyed my birthday chocolate while we were gone. He took the entire thing out to his "treat spot" I had at least three full candy bars there. Hope he doesn't get sick!
Jorja went on a date to the ice castles. She said it was beautiful and so much fun. I wish she would have had that much fun when we took her there years ago! Haha. Here are two pictures I stole from Jorja's phone.
Riley & Jorja
What a busy, fun, crazy day! The only thing that would have made this day better was if Gonzaga hadn't destroyed BYU in basketball today. Hahaha

No comments: