Monday, February 22, 2021

All Negative

We are all officially done with quarantine! Jorja got out of quarantine this morning and was able to go to school. She was so happy! I spent the day bleaching all the things. I washed Jorja's sheets, bleached doorknobs and light switches. Bleached the downstairs bathroom. Everything, including walls and ceiling. I probably spent two hours cleaning the downstairs bathroom. All should be well now. We had our covid tests this afternoon. We drove down to Mike's work and then went to different drive thrus, just like last time. They called us and said everyone was negative, except my test was inconclusive. I had to go back and retake the test. I was a little nervous. Everyone would have to restart quarantine if I was positive, except Jorja. Also, all of my bleaching would be pointless if I actually had the disease. So, about thirty minutes later we got word that I was negative also. My second test they made me do to nose swabs, so I had three in total today. Not horrible, but didn't like it.

I'm also annoyed. I know covid has been horrible for many, many people. Our experience with it has been different. Jorja was sick. Sick enough I would have kept her home from school for at least one day, probably two; but not sick enough to take her to the doctor. Also no one in my family got this super contagious disease that shut down the world for an entire year. This is after being at the cabin, Stockton sleeping head to head with her for three days, Michael driving us to Utah, bringing her food....all the things. No one at the cabin got it, and no one here got it. I know Jorja isolated herself once she started feeling sick, but still. I can't believe Jorja lost her high school experience to this disease. So frustrating. Jorja is excited that she has the 90 day immunity. She won't get quarantined again for the rest of school. She thinks the immunity is longer for other things, but our school district says 90 days. 

Jorja had a periodontist appointment today. Maysen and Stockton both had gum grafts when they were in fourth grade. Jorja has avoided it. Until this year. She will need to get one. We have it scheduled for April, after spring break. We have to go to the office in Sugarhouse because the first appointment available at this one would be the week of her high school graduation. It might have even been the same day. Don't want to do that.

Jorja got to go to the last day of the musical tonight. It was The Little Mermaid. She has two really good friends in it. Sami was a mermaid and Giselle was Jetsom the eel. This was performed in the new fine arts center and Jorja said it was super cool. Ursula was hanging from the ceiling with her tentacles dangling. Boats were able to float around. I think the robotics team designed those. I'm glad she was able to get out just in time to be there for this. I'm glad she had fun. I'm glad quarantine is done!!!!!

Sami & Jorja

Giselle & Jorja

No comments: