Tuesday, February 16, 2021

Quarantine Day 1

Today I bleached all the things. I spent forever cleaning. Deep cleaning. Not my talent, but I did it. Especially the upstairs bathroom. I bleached everything. I washed the bathmats and the shower curtains. The upstairs bathroom should be corona free. I deep cleaned the downstairs bathroom too. Jorja has hated the downstairs bathroom. Well, taking showers in it. When we first lived here Mike took out the 70s green flooring. It took longer than we expected to replace it. So, it was concrete for awhile. Jorja hated it. She said spiders were there. We got everything redone years ago. Maybe seven, I'm not sure. Jorja still refused to take a shower down there. Actually no one used it, even though I thought it was a nicer shower than the one upstairs. Jorja will have to get over her fear this week.

I got annoyed at Jorja today. We had to call the school to tell them she was positive. She wanted to be the one to call them. She is 18, so I guess that would be okay. I brought her down the phone and stood back from her. She asked me to leave. I told her I wanted to be there when she called. She told me she didn't want me there. I was furious. I left. A few minutes later she texted me and told me the school said I had to be the one to call. Too bad she didn't let me stay. Jorja said she didn't want me to get sick. I told her that if I was going to get sick I have already been infected by taking care of her, riding in the car with her, cleaning all the things. I wanted to be there to hear what the school said so I would know the rules. Now I felt like an idiot calling the school. So anyway, we had our moments today. I felt bad because I know Jorja felt awful, but at the same time I want her to stop pushing me out of her life.

Jorja slept most of the day. Her throat is sore. She aches. She has a cough. Pretty much every symptom but loss of smell and taste. She is breathing fine, so that is nice. The thing that is bothering her the most is she has a canker. That is not a corona thing, but it is driving her crazy. Jorja was able to get ahold of the Utah State people and let them know she can't come up on Wednesday. They told her she could do a virtual interview on Thursday. She is disappointed and relieved at the same time. Disappointed that she misses out on yet another thing. Relieved that she can still go forward with trying to get this scholarship. She has to give a two minute presentation on something she is passionate about. Like baseball or shoelaces. It could be anything. I told her to do it on service. She was so passionate about the Make-a-Wish thing. Jorja said that wouldn't stand out with the people she was interviewing with. She said there is nothing unique about her. (Not true) She has been messaging Kengo. She met him outside a Pizza Limone when he was playing the ukulele. He was a Utah State ambassador in college. He told her to do something to stand out during the presentation. Like he brought in his ukulele and sang his presentation. He then gave her the idea to do a story book. Jorja would do these bednight stories for awhile. Just read books on Instagram live. Like Green Eggs and Ham. Things like that. They were so funny. Kengo said she should do her presentation like that. Jorja loved that idea. She was too sick to really work on it today, but said she got all the words to the book down and she will work on the book tomorrow. Well, she will have the time to do it, so that's good I guess.

The rest of us are quarantined until Thursday February 25th. If one of us gets corona our quarantine starts over. We are getting tested tomorrow to see if anyone else has it so we don't start an infinite quarantine loop. This will be fun. The only picture I have today is Preston in a dog cage. No idea why he is there, except I think he missed his dog.

Preston & Bear

No comments: