Monday, February 1, 2021

Dallin's Funeral

Dallin's funeral was today. I checked Jorja out of school and the two of us went. The funeral was by invitation only. There was something about being in a room where every single person loved Dallin that made everything so heartbreakingly beautiful. Dallin's brother spoke and it was so sweet. His mom and dad both spoke. They were amazing. They were articulate and powerful. Devastation was written upon their faces. If Jorja ever doubts how much she is loved, I hope she remembers what she witnessed at Dallin's funeral. Man I wish this didn't happen. 

I brought Jorja back to school just as lunch was starting. The second she got out of the car she saw Bode, that was perfect. I'm glad she is able to be surrounded by friends on this hard day for her.

Mike and I did some errands for the Amazing Race. We stopped by my mom's grave so we could get the exact gps coordinates. Today is my mom's and dad's 52nd wedding anniversary. It made me so happy to see these flowers my dad had left there. I sure do miss her. 

Chips
Jorja has been worried that her frog isn't eating. All of the frogs she had in the past loved to eat crickets. Chips just sat with a cricket on his back for a long time. Not sure what she is supposed to do.
Riley answered Jorja to Sweethearts today
 

We spent some time today making posters for Stockton. It was so much fun! Two more days!!! Jorja made a poster and then Preston accidentally made his poster on the back. Haha. It was so funny! Preston's poster makes me laugh. The kids sang songs on the way to drop Stockton off at the MTC. The last song they sang had the phrase 'too bad Daisy time' in it. So I laughed at Preston's poster.
Preston
Back of Preston's poster
Jorja
Mike

No comments: