Friday, February 12, 2021

Knee Deep Snow

We didn't get off as early as we hoped. We were very tired, for obvious reasons. Mike and I dropped Bear off at my dad's house. Hopefully he has fun while we are gone.

Goodbye Bear
The roads were great on the way up. Michael got there before us. He made the first tracks in the snow. Mike also talked him through getting into the cabin and turning on the water. Luckily we were able to heat the cabin from Mike's phone, so it was toasty warm when we got there. Michael told us he carried his suitcase up with him. He had no idea how deep the snow was. That does not sound fun. Mike and I were able to walk in his boot prints. That made it easier for us!
Mike
Hard to tell how deep, but it was up to our knees
One of the first things Stockton said to me when we got inside was that I needed to make him a missionary tag. Luckily I had done that yesterday and was able to pull it out for him right when he asked. He was surprised!
Stockton ~ Tucson Arizona 2019-2021
After we got the kids up and settled, Mike and I hurried to the store and picked up some Little Caesars for lunch. I was surprised to see they had breakfast too. Not sure what I think about that. 
I don't have any pictures from the rest of the day. It started snowing pretty hard once we got here. Very glad we left in the morning. Melissa and her family got here this afternoon and the roads were starting to get sketchy, but they got here fine. Sherry and her family had the scariest time. The roads were pretty bad. They ended up following a snow plow for lots of the trip. It took them awhile, but they got here safely. Yay! This will be a fun weekend!

No comments: