Friday, February 5, 2021

Broken Horn

Mike and I spent the day working on the Amazing Race.We went to Hobby Lobby and I got some stuff for Jorja's corsage/boutonnière. I found magnets that would work and was excited to find a wristlet thing for the corsage. Jorja spent the day at school doing student government stuff. I think they made hearts for everyone in the school and had things written on them. She came home with Riley and they made their flower things together. Jorja spent the rest of the day frantically getting everything ready. She spent a lot of time making yellow bracelets for everyone in their group and putting together little gift bags. She ran out of yellow string though. I'm not sure what she did about that.

Stockton had a date tonight with Dani. He knew her before his mission from diving. He texted me right before midnight to let me know they would be home in about an hour. Sure not on the mission now!

Now a funny story to end this. Mike and I were picking up stuff for the Amazing Race at Hobby Lobby. Mike also wanted to get another unicorn head since he broke the one in our bathroom. Mike uses this as one of the wand stations. The unicorn talks in a grumpy voice and the kids love it. There was one unicorn head left and Mike was excited to be able to get a new one. That excitement lasted less than five minutes. As Mike was putting the bags in the car, the bag with the unicorn head in it slipped from his hands and broke. I thought it was funny. Mike did not.

No comments: