Tuesday, February 23, 2021

Jorja the Ambassador!

Today was a GREAT day! I got a call from Shelby at Utah State. She asked if Jorja was home. I told her she wasn't, she was at school. Shelby said, "Great! I actually wanted to talk to you. We would like to offer Jorja a spot in our ambassador program." WHAT??? I was so excited! Over 600 people applied, they offered this to 24 people, and Jorja is one of them! This will give her a four year full tuition scholarship. This is the same as the presidential scholarship Maysen and Stockton received for their grades. I am so happy for her! Jorja complains that she isn't smart, which isn't true. It is so hard to walk in Maysen and Stockton's footsteps. But look at Jorja! I'm so proud of her! Shelby told me that they were going to overnight a box for me. We were supposed to hide the box and record Jorja finding it. It has been soooo hard keeping this secret! Our entire family knows except Jorja. We are beyond thrilled for her!

I checked Jorja out of school and took her and Maysen to a dermatologist appointment. We stopped by Fashion Place Mall on the way back. Jorja needed to pick up something. Maysen waited in the car. We hurried and stopped by Dillards to look at prom dresses. Jorja didn't see anything she loved. She was talking to me about how much she wanted the ambassador scholarship. She is also a finalist for the SUU ambassador program. I'm not sure if that one comes with a scholarship. She is supposed to go down to SUU this weekend for the final interviews. It's an overnight thing. She needs a covid test to go down there. Jorja asked if she still needed one because she should have an immunity right now. They said she did. Jorja is worried about taking the test because if any covid lingers in her system it would show positive right now. She doesn't want to be quarantined again. Things have been so crazy this last year we just don't know what would happen. Jorja said she doesn't even want to go because she is really hoping to get the Utah State scholarship. Ahhhhh!!!! So hard to keep this a secret, but I did!!! I'm so excited for her!

Giselle, Jorja, Ella

I have had parent/teacher conferences the last two days. Things are weird with online school and a few things fell through the cracks with Preston, but he has enough time to fix it. All is well with Jorja.
Stephanie at parent/teacher conference
The Jazz season has been so fun. Yesterday they played the Charlotte Hornets. The game was close with the Jazz up by 1 at the start of the 4th quarter. The Jazz ended up scoring 41 points in the 4th to win the game 110-132. I thought this tweet by Jonny Linehan was so funny. Also... loving the standings right now.

No comments: