Thursday, February 11, 2021

The Police were Called

Mike and I spent the day packing for the cabin. We were hoping to leave early in the morning. Didn't turn out that way. Today Jorja and Riley went out on their Valentine date. Valentines Day is on Sunday this year. It is also over Presidents Day weekend. Both Jorja and Riley will be out of town, so they decided to celebrate it today. Riley took Jorja to the butterfly thing at Thanksgiving Point. They went to dinner somewhere up there too and then went to Riley's Jr. Jazz basketball game.

Stockton also had a date with Dani. He has been home from his mission for one week and one day and is already on his second date. This date will also be a classic. One week home from his mission and Stockton gets the police called on him. Hahaha. Here is how that happened....

Dani drove to our house. Stockton took my car and they stopped by Gavin's house and surprised Gavin's family. His dad wasn't home, so they waited a bit so they could see him. They talked to him for awhile. Their plan for the date was to go to the Hot Springs (or as Stockton calls them, the Hot Pockets) up in Saratoga Springs. I used to stay up waiting for the kids, but it ended causing a lot of contention between Jorja and I. I just have to force myself to go to sleep and things work better that way. It scares me though. Anyway, I was sleeping with my phone pressed to my stomach so I wouldn't miss any calls if the kids needed me. I knew Jorja was home, but Stockton was still out. Around 1:00 in the morning I got a call from Dani's dad. He was wondering if I knew where they were. I told him they were at the Hot Springs. He said Dani wasn't answering her phone and asked if I could get ahold of Stockton. I tried and couldn't. FOR HOURS! I sat outside on the porch for a long time hoping they would come soon. Mike and I started getting paranoid and running through all the awful scenerios. Maysen heard us talking and was worried they had gotten shot. Mike was worried they had drowned. I thought they had gotten locked out of their car. Although the more time passed the more worried I became. I was so relieved when we found out they were okay. This was my text message thread from Dani's dad:

Dani's Dad 2:31 am: I assume you have not heard anything. I'm not sure if yo know where they were going in Saratoga Springs but I am thinking the police there need to be called with the make and model of the car they were driving. Thoughts?

Me 2:35 am: We haven't heard anything. They were going to the hot springs there. I have no idea what to do. I keep hoping they will pull on our street any second. He is driving a silver Honda Pilot. 2003. I'm not sure of the license plate number. I'll let you know the second I hear from them. Or hopefully the second I see them.

D 3:03 am: I have contacted the police they will check the hot springs area. Will let you know if I hear anything.

Me 3:05 am: Thank you! I'm wondering if they got locked out of the car with their phones inside. The messages keep saying delivered, so I think his has batteries.

D 3:05 am: We'll see

D 3:31 am: They're fine they were sitting in the hot springs apparently without their phones. The officer is sending them on their way

Me 3:31 am: Oh my gosh! Talk about losing track of time! Thank you so much!!!! I am so relieved! Thank you!!!

D: 3:36 am: You're welcome. I didn't know the hot springs was open all night but the officer said it was. Sometimes when kids become "adults" they forget they are still kids to us

Me 3:37 am: That is the truth! Thank you so much! We have been sick to our stomachs with worry. Thank you!

D: 3:40 am: Likewise. We'll try to get some sleep now

Hahahahaha It is funny now. It wasn't funny at the time. When the police came up to them they thought it was probably 1:00 in the morning. Nope. 3:30. They were in the hot springs for six hours! They gathered up their stuff and had to walk five minutes to their car. There were two police cars following them shining their lights on the entire way. Walk of shame. Hahahaha. Here is my text thread with Stockton:

Me 1:51 am: Can you call me and let me know where you are? Dani's dad just called and is really worried.

Me 2:18 am: Okay, I'm getting super worried. Can you please call me?

Me 2:52 am: Are you okay??? I'm so worried. Dani's dad called again to ask the make/model of your car so he ca call the police. Please be okay. Please please please.

Me 3:38 am: Ummmm.... soooo.... Dani's dad said the police found you in the hot springs... text me please and drive home carefully!!!

Stockton 3:38 am: Mom, I am so so sorry. We are on our way back now. Thanks for checking on us. I am so so so sorry

Stockton and Dani ended up getting to our house around 4:00 in the morning. He definitely isn't on his mission now! Poor Dani still had to drive home. She was freezing. She came inside and Stockton went looking for one of his diving jackets she could wear. She was still in her swimsuit and shaking like crazy. I did manage to get a picture of Stockton's hands. Wrinkly! First time in the water since his mission. Crazy kids. Glad they were safe. (Jorja was pretty pumped about that story. She has never had the police called on her. She told me, "See, I'm the good child." Hahahahaha)

Stockton's hands

No comments: