Friday, September 3, 2021

Baby Carrot

Once Preston came home from school we headed to the cabin. We left relatively quickly but needed to stop and get gas. I ran into the grocery store to get snacks while Mike was doing that. We were hoping to miss traffic. We did not. It felt like it took an extra hour to get through Salt Lake. Everything was fine after getting through that mess. Bear did not like it that I wouldn't let him ride up front. He is obsessed with Mike and wants to be as close as he can to him. I spent the first hour of the drive with my arm braced against Mike's head rest, trying to block Bear dog. Finally we pulled over and I drove. Maysen came up front and Mike got in back with Bear. Bear was happy as could be. It made for a much easier trip.
Bear
Longest baby carrot I have ever seen
Stephanie, Bear, Mike
Bear & Preston
We went through Salt Lake because we wanted to stop at Matt and Sam's. I had some boxes of clothes Preston had grown out of. I also had Anne's stuffed black cat that she had been missing. We also gave them our Leapsters. I forgot to ask Maysen if she was okay with that. Those were a huge part of her childhood and Maysen is very nostalgic. Hopefully their kids will love those as much as mine did. The only picture I took while I was there was a picture of the handprints in their playroom. They looked so cute in there! The playroom looked adorable, this picture does not do it justice.
Anne Marie, Jeffrey Matthew, Gregory Ronald, Amy Kay, Kaylee Lyn
We arrived at the cabin around 10:00. Nice to be done with driving and nice to be here. I love this place!

No comments: