Saturday, September 4, 2021

Sheep

Mike and I headed to Alpine Market for supplies. (I know it is called Broulims now, but I will probably always call it Alpine Market.) We had just left the gate when we noticed hundreds of sheep grazing in the reservoir! In all the years I have been coming to this cabin, I have never seen that! They were there all day. It was pretty cool. 

Sheep
Upstairs at the market
Mike, Bear and I went on a drive today. Mike wanted to check out the boat dock by the dam. It used to be easy to get to, there was a road going over the dam. After 9/11 they closed that road. You can still get to it, but it takes a lot longer. The road has recently been paved though, so it is doable. There were a lot of people there though. Mike noticed 'Bear Creek Trailhead' on the map. He wanted to check it out. He knows I like finding random hikes around here, even though I don't do it very often. The map said it was six miles away. Well, it was six miles on a gravel road. There were parts that were very sketchy. The road was narrow, no guard rail and we were up very high. I did not like it. I was thankful that it wasn't dark, rainy or snowy. We finally found Bear Creek Trailhead and found out it was a trail for horses. Lots of horse trailers were there. I'm sure we could hike there too, but would probably have to dodge lots of horse messes along the way.
Bear Creek Trailhead
I thought this was funny after seeing sheep in the reservoir for the first time
Random spot we stopped so Bear could play
Bear & Mike
Bear loves it when Mike swings him
I took random pictures out the window on the way back. Reservoir is dry, but you can't tell how high this is. 
Lonely square dock no longer floating
This cross was not helping my anxiety
Last time we were up here they were replacing all of these guard rails on the highway.
I love them.
The sheep were gone by the time we drove on the reservoir. It used to always look like this in the fall.
Bear
I remember when I was little riding motorcycles out to these foundations and the old road.
Wonder who lived here once upon a time.
Stephanie
Preston and Mike made steak, potatoes and corn on the cob for dinner. Preston loves corn on the cob. We cut it off for him though. Can't eat it with braces. I watched the BYU/Arizona game downstairs on the movie screen. It was fun. Mike watched the first bit with me. The game went late. A BYU player, Ellis, got injured and had to be taken off on a stretcher. That was pretty scary. Hope he's okay. BYU came up with the win, but got pretty banged up. Hope they call pull off a win next week against Utah. Utah State had a last second win over Washington State. That was pretty cool.
Watching the game on the movie screen at the cabin

No comments: