Wednesday, September 8, 2021

26 Years

Mike and I have now been married 26 wonderful years. He is the best. I hit the jackpot. He has given me such an amazing life. I sure have been lucky! Mike wanted to go to this Brazilian place for lunch. Preston also has wanted to go there for a long time. Preston called from school and asked if I could check him out. He was sick. I picked him up and he went straight downstairs and slept for a few hours. Maysen was here while we went to lunch. It was nice knowing that she could take care of him if he woke up earlier than I expected him to. He didn't though. Lunch was delicious. We even splurged and got a fancy drink. To share. It was really good.

Mike 
Marie got her school pictures taken today. Rachel texted me a picture. She was wearing clothes Jorja gave her. Doesn't she look adorable!
Marie
I wanted to go somewhere for dessert later in the day. Because Mike picked the food place I got to pick the dessert place. Maysen and Preston came with us. I tried to go to this rolled ice cream place that I had seen. I couldn't remember the name, but I thought I knew where it was. I know Maysen has been wanting to go to a rolled ice cream place for awhile. I ended up not being able to find it. I did have a back up plan. I have been wanting to go to Brooker's ice cream for awhile. I knew they were in Provo, but now they have a Herriman location. It was only a few minutes away from where I thought the rolled ice cream place was, so we headed over there. Man oh man, it was delicious!!! It was cute and fun too. I took pictures to send to John and Cassie. Brandon loves early American history, especially George Washington. And the titanic. He loves that too.
The cute worker that helped us
Menu
I had a scoop of Roger Sherman's Banana Foster Brittle (pictured below) and a scoop of Franklin's Black Raspberry Republic, If You Can Keep It ~ sooooooo dang good!
Mike had Mum Bett's Day in Court, Maysen had John Hancock's Signature Mint Chocolate Truffle and Preston had Martha Washington's Colonial Cotton Candy. You would think this would just be a gimmick ice cream shop, but the ice cream was really, really, really good. Can't wait to go back!

No comments: