Wednesday, August 17, 2022

Two Drives

Preston had signed up to do a road drive today. Around noon he texted me and said no one had signed up so he thought it would be canceled. I told him to go anyway, just in case. I walked over to talk to Mr. Brown, his office is Paula's old office. He took me to see Mr. Barker, which is right outside the counseling office. Mr. Barker wasn't in a class, so I was able to talk to him. He asked me if Preston could sign up for tomorrow. I texted Preston and asked him. Preston texted back and asked if someone had dropped their spot. Mr. Barker looked it up and was surprised to see he had a full car tomorrow. He thought they must have just signed up that morning. I asked Mr. Barker if it would be okay if I rode in the car. He said it would. Woohoo! I rode in the back of the car for an hour and a half while Preston did BOTH the drives he had left. Since no one was with us Mr. Barker let Preston do two drives. The first one was a canyon drive and the second one was a preview of the driving test. That saved Preston a lot of time. Now all he has left is his road test and he is done. Mr. Barker was awesome because when Preston was doing the preview he would tell Preston how much everything was worth and what where points would be taken off. Ten miles over the speed limit is an automatic fail. He has to look over his shoulder when a lane appears or doing the three point turn or he loses two points. Mr. Barker was awesome.

Preston & Mr. Barker
Jorja had her ambassador retreat in Bear Lake today. I'm not sure all that went on, but I stole some pictures from her phone.
Jorja & Emily
Jorja

No comments: