Friday, October 15, 2021

Glad I Wasn't There

So.... come to find out... Stockton almost fell off a 100 foot cliff today. I did not find this out until a few days later. He has all the details on his blog. Basically Stockton was climbing a cliff when the rocks started moving underneath him. At first it was slow. He even took this picture before things got bad.

Stockton 
The problem was, every time he tried to climb the rocks would start moving. A lot. He finally stopped 30 feet from the cliffs edge. Two of his friends ended up making a chain and being able to pull Stockton out of his predicament. I am so glad I wasn't there. I do not like heights. At all. I have extreme anxiety around cliffs and things like that. If there is a fence, I'm fine. Like I loved the Eiffel Tower with the glass floor while Mike hated it. This? I probably would have been throwing up watching my baby in danger.
The spot where Stockton was heading has two trees at the edge...look at the drop...
Things were much tamer at home. Mike, Maysen and I went to look at a car for Maysen. Maysen can't see easily in many cars with her height. The car we went down to see didn't work. She did really like this Nissan Xterra. She felt safe and she could see well. We took it home for a 24 hour test drive. I don't think we are going to pull the trigger on this one. The air bag light is already lit and won't go off. The gps, while awesome for it's time, is really clunky and not easy to use. The backup camera (which was a must for me) is small and not the easiest to see, it also has some rust on the back. With the price we didn't want to go for it. Mike texted Steve when we were picking up the car to ask him what he thought. Steve told him they just got a car on their lot that he thinks will be a better value for Maysen. We are going to look at that tomorrow. Fingers crossed!

No comments: