Thursday, October 21, 2021

Good Eyes

Jorja got up early and went to breakfast with Paige. When she came back, Mike, Jorja and I all caravanned to the tire store. We dropped off Jorja's car, Mike took the pilot home and Jorja and I took Maysen's car to the eye doctor. I'm glad we were able to get the tires on Jorja's car changed today. It makes me feel much more confident with her having the car up in Logan. Now we can cancel the tire appointment we were going to try and get done in Logan on Saturday. That will be nice. Jorja's eyes are good. Her prescription has changed. Jorja's not 100% confident they got the right prescription. She has some trial contacts to test it out though. We did find out that her nerves didn't change. I guess the nerves are supposed to be perpendicular and Jorja's comes in at an angle. The doctor said all should be well and if any other eye doctor is concerned about her nerves she can let them know that it has been looked into and that is just how she was born. What a relief! That is exactly the news we were hoping for.

Jorja
Jorja's eyes were dilated for awhile. She came home and took a nap in the dark. She drove back to Logan today and made it just fine. We will get to see her again on Saturday. I'm excited about that.

The bishop came over to talk to Mike and I tonight. We are getting new callings. Mike is going to be released as the zoom guy and I will be released as a Sunday school teacher. I'm disappointed to be leaving Kalani though. Our class is great this year too. Mike and I are being called as ward activity leaders. This was a calling that was given years ago before it was discontinued. The bishop said they noticed it was quietly inserted into the handbook that the wards could have one again. The ward council voted unanimously to have one. That is because they have been in charge of the ward activities. Haha. Anyway, I hope Mike and I can do a good job. The key to us doing a good job is everyone in the ward needs to have low expectations. That's what I'm hoping for.

No comments: