Monday, October 11, 2021

Practice Makes Perfect

Preston asked me to wake him up an hour early so he could study his Chinese. He wanted to go and retake a test during advisory. Later that day he texted me and told me he was going to stay after school to retake the test again with the feedback he got from this morning. (It is a verbal test.) I'm glad Preston made the extra effort because he got 100% on the test after school. I'm also glad his Chinese teacher worked with him and allowed him to retake the test a few times. Preston basically didn't have a year of Chinese. Last year it was all online run from St. George. I know the teacher did the best she could, but it was such a weird year. I never heard him talking Chinese the entire year. I have been wondering if he is behind everyone else. I'm glad he is working so hard right now.

Once I brought Preston home, Maysen and I went out to eat at Zupas. She loves it and I wanted to take her there for her birthday. With her birthday being on a Sunday, today was the next best thing. We then went to Deseret Book so she could pick out a temple bag. Rachel made Maysen one that has worked okay. I asked her if she would do it and she modeled it after the one my grandma made me. The problem is, Maysen has really heavy temple shoes. We needed to get her ones with a heal so her dress would fit. The bag works great with slippers like I have, but the heaviness in the shoes throws everything off and makes carrying the bag awkward. Anyway, we found one that will hopefully work. The bag Rachel made was awesome because you can just hang the bag with the dress and everything ready to go in the closet. We couldn't find any bags like that. But, it is pretty and I think it will work better for Maysen.

Stockton texted me a picture of him with Alyssa. He has mentioned her a few times on his blog. He studies calculus with her. Yesterday I was teasing him and told him I thought Alyssa was imaginary because I had never seen a picture. He sent me this today. Hahaha

Stockton & Alyssa
Weston went to see Mike today. Mike ended up doing a root canal on him. Shannon couldn't believe that they were able to get Weston's pain fixed on a p-day without even calling the mission president. She says she has no idea what they would have done if Weston was in Chile. Mike was so awesome to do that for Weston. He has never even met him. He has heard about him from us, but this was the first time they met in person. Weston told his mom that my brother was 'dope'. Hahaha. I am so grateful I was able to call my brother and he was able to give Weston the help he needed. Crazy that out of all the places in the entire world Weston could be serving in, he was serving in the exact area where my brother is a dentist at the exact time Weston desperately needed a dentist. Weston and Shannon were both really happy. I am very thankful that my brother is indeed dope.

No comments: