Wednesday, October 20, 2021

Opening Night

Mike and I were lucky enough to go to the Jazz season opener. A company that wants to do business with Overstock contacted Mike to see if he would want tickets to the game in a suite. I was super excited. Mike and I have been to games in a suite before and it is amazing. Well, turns out there are different suites. This one was in the nose bleed section. It was as high as you could get. It didn't have it's private bathroom, but it did still have a section were you could mingle and eat food. The Harry Potter dessert cart didn't come by though. I actually thought it was awesome. I love how companies can still provide almost the same experience even if they can't afford a giant box. The tickets were free to us so it was still great!

I was annoyed though. I had been looking forward to the Jazz honoring Derrick Favors. This was his first time back since being traded to Oklahoma City. I didn't know if they would honor him, but I hoped they would. After the first quarter I snuck out to go to the bathroom. It was down the hall. As I was leaving the Jazz Bear flew past me on a Segway. Haha. Anyway, when I got back Mike said they did an entire video montage about Derrick Favors. The camera panned down to him and he waved while the crowd went nuts. I was sad to miss that. At least the Jazz won today though! It was a fun night.  
Jorja came home tonight. She has an eye appointment tomorrow. She will have to miss her Chinese class, which is too bad. At least her other classes she can do on zoom, even the in person public speaking one. I was glad she made it home safely. It is always nice when I know my babies are safe.

No comments: