Sunday, October 10, 2021

Maysen's 24th Birthday

Holy cow! Maysen is 24! That is hard to believe. And not hard. Time is weird. I got quite the surprise this morning. I woke up around 4:30 and immediately started wondering if my kids in Logan were safe. I grabbed my phone to check find my friends and noticed Stockton and Jorja weren't at their dorm room. I panicked as I searched my phone to find them. Where were they at 4:30 in the morning??? When my app updated it showed them in Alpine, Wyoming. It took me a few moments to register that they were coming here! I couldn't believe it! I hurried upstairs and waited for them to come. I only had to wait about five minutes for them. They were disappointed they didn't surprise me. (Although they did.) They had been talking about crawling through the dog door if they couldn't get in. Haha. I'm glad I was up when they arrived. Best surprise! Maysen heard us talking, so when Jorja went in to sleep in the other bed where Maysen was she was able to tell her happy birthday. What a great surprise for Maysen. My kids are awesome.

Stockton & Jorja at 4:30 in the morning
Stephanie, Stockton, Jorja
We had crepes for breakfast. I forgot to bring up the crepe makers though. Mike and I did pick up some pre-made crepes. They weren't as good as the homemade ones though. Whoops. We watched stake conference online, which was nice. We had cake and ice cream. Jorja brought Maysen cardinal salt and pepper shakers. I think it is awesome that every time Maysen looks at those she will remember how much Stockton and Jorja love her. I also got her salt and pepper shakers. Hahaha. Jorja and I think alike! We also got her a 5 minute dungeon add-on and a Pokemon black ds game. Hopefully she was happy with everything!
Maysen
Maysen's second birthday cake
Forgot to bring candles again. We had three 4 candles. Probably because I'm in my 40s and always have my birthday here.
Stockton & Maysen
Jorja's instagram post
Random picture of one of Maysen's favorite comics
We played games, ate and cleaned up. Stockton and Jorja headed back for Logan this evening and we headed out about an hour after they left. The story about them coming.... apparently Jorja texted Stockton at 1:00 am and asked if he was up. He had just gotten home. She asked him if he wanted to go to the cabin to surprise Maysen. He was up for the adventure and five minutes later they were on their way. Jorja had gotten Maysen the cardinal salt shakers that day. She wanted to give it to her. She remembered we were at the cabin and that it was Maysen's birthday. They decided to just send it and I'm so glad they did. Something that will always be remembered and appreciated. 

I drove the first third of the trip and traded places with Mike. He finished everything up. While Mike was driving I got a phone call from Shannon. They were on the phone with Weston, who was in a lot of pain. His tooth hurt. Like REALLY hurt. Shannon knew my brother is a dentist in Albuquerque, where Weston is serving. She called to ask for help. I was able to get Mike on the phone. He said he could see Weston at 7:30 in the morning. He doesn't need to make an appointment, just walk in. Yay! Hope Mike can help him! Anyway, we got home around 11:00. Not too shabby. Quick, fun trip. I hope Maysen enjoyed her birthday and I hope she has the best 24th year! I think it's going to be a good one!

No comments: