Saturday, June 25, 2022

30 Year Reunion

I didn't take any pictures from today, but today Mike and I went to our 30 year high school reunion. Crazy! It was at Hidden Valley Country Club. We sat by Rachel Emery and her husband. That was fun. Alex Mishmash came and sat by us for awhile. It was great to see so many people. Right before we left Mike ran into Sheena Leatham. She was a student body officer with Mike. She is in public relations now. We told her that that is Jorja's major. We told her about Jorja going to Hong Kong on her mission and needing to learn Cantonese while she is fluent in Mandarin. Sheena told us that Jorja should contact her. She works for a public relations firm and one of their clients is a major toy company. (I can not remember the name, even though it is one I have heard many times.) She said that most toys are made in China and would love to have Jorja intern for her. Don't know if it will happen, but how cool is that? Anyway, today was a really great day. Mike and I took off early to go pick up Stockton at the airport. He is home! I did have my dad on standby in case if we weren't able to leave the reunion. I really wanted to be at the airport if possible though. It is so nice to have him home! Jorja, on the other hand, is not home. She rode on the bus early this morning and is now in Boise. She is at a random hotel with eight other FSY counselors. Sounds like they really get along, so that is awesome. I'm thankful for that. This weird travel thing she is doing would not be fun if she didn't bond with the other people in her same situation.

Late tonight, Jorja sent me pictures from her last week. It looks like she has been having a lot of fun. Actually, I think three of these pictures are what she did today with the other travel counselors and the last picture is from yesterday while she was on night watch. I'm so thankful she was able to bond with the other travel counselors. All of them were in the same weird situation and it looks like they have made the best of it.




No comments: