Saturday, June 4, 2022

Texas and Roaches

I dropped Stockton off at the airport early this morning. He was able to find a ton of other FSY counselors going to Texas. I'm glad they are all heading out together. Stockton had a three hour flight to Dallas and then a 30 minute bus ride to University of North Texas in Denton. That is where Stockton will spend his next three weeks. I hope he likes it! Jorja texted him asking how his day went and he sent a picture back of a giant roach on the toilet. That's lovely. Hope there isn't too many more roach sightings.

Stockton
I felt awful today. I knew we needed bananas though. (We use bananas in their breakfast drinks each morning.) I decided to stop at Harmon's on the way home and only buy bananas. I thought I could do that much. I was not happy to see no bananas there. What is happening? No roast beef at Arby's, out of ice cream at the Shake Shack and now no bananas? I didn't have the energy to check another store though. The kids will have to go without.
I felt awful all day long and spent the entire day in bed. I was so sad when I woke up at 2:00 and realized I missed Jon Manning's funeral. I knew I would be too sick to go, but I was hoping they would have a zoom. Jon Manning is in our ward. He is a young father of three. He died of brain cancer. So very sad. There are definitely worse things than feeling awful for a few days. 

No comments: