Monday, June 20, 2022

Interview

Today was crazy busy. I even forgot to submit my survival baseball pick! I realized it after the last game had started and by then it was too late. I'm the first one to lose by not submitting. Dang it! Jorja drove on the bus from Boise to Logan and is now at Utah State doing FSY. Stockton just started his last FSY week in Texas. I worked today. It was the beginning of another week of summer school, which makes the first part of Monday a little chaotic. I left after an hour or so and went to my dentist appointment. I came back to work and then at noon had my job interview. The principal was there and one of the vice principals. Two counselors were also there. My interview lasted 50 minutes. I think I did okay. Some things I just did not know what to say. My last question was how would I handle parents that yell at me, or a question more articulate than that. I just said that I didn't know, I couldn't even imagine that scenario. I know I would need to stay calm. They also asked about my organizational skills, which I have always complained about! I said at my home I can not figure out how to organize a kitchen to save my life, but at work I get in a routine and that seems to work. I started thinking about it. It is really spacial organization I am terrible at. If it is charts and graphs or calendars I seem to do well. Funny how the brain works. Mike did a ton of yard work today. He cut down lots of trees, and pruned a lot of others. He has been wanting to do that for a long time.
We went to the Smith family picnic tonight. Fun to have Lisa and Nathan there. Now that they live in California that doesn't happen much. I was talking with Kim when Angie walked by with her daughter Kinley and a friend. I looked at her and asked, "Sophie?" Yep, it was Sophie Cornia. She is one of Jorja's good friends. She even went to the cabin with us a couple of years ago. Jorja got her come sloth earrings in Costa Rica. I took this picture and sent it to Jorja. She said, "Ahhhhhh" and asked where we were. I told her Smith family picnic. Next message, "Are we related?" Nope, I told her Jorja was here with Kinley. She said, "Glad to hear we're not related." Hahahahaha That made me laugh.
Stephanie & Sophie

No comments: