Saturday, June 11, 2022

Vegetable Derby Barbecue

Stockton got his package! He went back to the office and kept asking and asking. Finally someone told him that sometimes mail gets delivered at a building ten minutes away. Yep, it was there. Delivered three days ago. I wish it would have gotten to him earlier, especially since I paid for overnight shipping, but at least he got it! I'm glad he won't have to borrow his roommates shirt for the next two weeks.

Stockton
Mike gave Bear a much needed bath and then the rest of the day was spent getting ready for the ward barbecue. Mike added a vegetable car race and made a mini track. We handed out flyers and when Mike was in charge of the zoom he had the flyer be the screensaver during the sacrament. Still, I didn't think the vegetable car race would be a succuss. I thought a few people might do it, but that it would largely be ignored. I seem to remember them trying lawn games at the barbecue last year and it was just kind of there. Boy was I wrong. The kids loved that thing! There was so much excitement over there. I was shocked! So many people came up to me later and told me how much fun it was and that this should be a part of the annual barbecue every year. It was awesome because kids of all ages loved it, and lots of dads did too. Mona, a girl who I think is six, won the entire thing. I mentioned to my friend Camee how I was shocked this was such a hit. She said, "Are you kidding? It is all my boys talked about this week." Megan said her boys were the same. Yay! Glad they were excited to do it. My kids haven't really had fun at this activity. They don't like food or crowds. Preston had a great time. Maysen helped Mike the entire time. Her job was to video the races in case of a photo finish. The tape had to be looked at a couple of times. Anyway, glad this is over and thrilled it was a success.
Sister Watchman decorated the tables 
Kids I don't recognize and Clint Okerlund
A few random cars. Preston's is the cantaloupe. He said it did not go well.
The first race!
Random races
The final race for all the glory!
While we were busy racing vegetables, Jorja went with some friends to a National Parks concert. She loves that band and was able to get some cheep tickets. Sounds like she had a blast.
Nathan, Jorja, ????

No comments: