Friday, June 10, 2022

Lagoon in June

I texted Stockton back and forth again today about the shirts I mailed him. He went to the front desk twice asking about this shirts. No luck. They told him it might be at the post office at Union. So he needs to figure that out. Hope he can find them!

Today was my family reunion at Lagoon. It wasn't our entire family, but over 50 people. There were a lot of Roe's there. Debie and lots of her family, Tammi and David with his twins, Rozie and a bunch of her family. Steve & Sharon with several from their family. No one from Kris, John or Jackie's family was there. We had six people with us. Maysen, Jorja, Preston and Jorja brought her friend Emily. My dad also came. Stockton didn't come because... Texas... We got there right when it started and were able to get a lot of the rides in without too much of a line. We concentrated on the Spider/Wicked area. I think we rode everything down there except Music Express. No desire to ride that one now that I'm older! My dad came this afternoon. It was fun to have him there. I went into Lagoon-a-Beach with Maysen. I pushed her around on a tube in the lazy river. It was nice and refreshing and fun to talk with Maysen. I went on Rattlesnake Rapids after while I was still in my swimsuit. Mike really wanted to go on that. I went with Mike and my dad. We had lots of food. Mike brought out the cotton candy machine and the kids loved that. I found out that David Hopkins had a baby a few weeks ago. No idea his wife was even pregnant. It was good to catch up!

Gas is ridiculously expensive right now. Mike filled the motorhome just past half a tank.
This was the price. Ouch!
Maysen was tempted to get this. Look how small her hand seems! Haha
Maysen
Jorja, Emily and I had a quick break in the motorhome. (We parked it in the parking lot. I think everyone took a break in there at some point except Maysen.) When we were walking back I made them take a picture next to this weird car. How do you drive over bumps in that thing?
Emily & Jorja with sun in their eyes
I'm annoyed at myself that I didn't get any pictures of my extended family. Oh well, I guess I was just having too much fun. Jorja was able to talk with Derek a bit about Hong Kong. I was so glad she was able to do that. She has been feeling pretty anxious about Cantonese. She will surprise herself with how much she loves it. Today was a great day.

No comments: