Thursday, June 2, 2022

Emerson at the Park

Today was a LONG day. Glad I was able to help Jordyn out. Preston did a range drive this morning, so he was at drivers ed from 8:00 - 12:30. I dropped him off and Mike picked him up. I headed to Liberty Park in Salt Lake City. I got there about ten minutes before Jordyn's friend Boomer. She brought her boy Emerson and his service dog Max. I didn't expect to be watching a dog too! The dog was great though. Emerson is around 9 years old, but with his brain it is like he is 3 years old. I guess he has seizures frequently. The dog is supposed to detect and warn when he is having a seizure. I'm not sure how that all works. Thank goodness he didn't have a seizure when I was watching him. Boomer lives in Idaho, but was down for tests with Emerson at Primary Children's Hospital. I watched Emerson while Boomer went to a yoga class Jordyn had set up for her. I watched him for around two hours. Give or take. It was exhausting, but I'm glad I was able to help Jordyn out.

Max & Stephanie
Emerson swinging. His shadow looks so cute!
Rachel and the girls arrived right as Emerson and Boomer were walking away. We played for a bit and then went to lunch at Dali Crepes. Jorja met us there. Mina had told me she wants to open a cafe when she gets older. She LOVED this place. It is super cute and the crepes are delicious. It was a perfect way to end the trip. Well, my part in their trip anyways.
Grace & Eve
Eve, Mina, Marie, Stephanie, Jorja, Grace
Grace, Eve, Mina, Rachel, Marie, Stephanie, Jorja
Marie
Grace ~ Jorja taking her weird alien pictures again
Stephanie
Eve
Grace & Eve
Jorja and I had talked about coming here so she could point to Hong Kong on their cool map. We did not remember how high the map was on the wall! Hahahahaha
Jorja
I was exhausted by the time I got home. I went to bed and slept the rest of the day. I know Mike, Maysen, Stockton and Preston all played Mario Party. They had fun and I slept.

No comments: