Friday, June 3, 2022

Rings and Mike Surprise

Preston drove himself to Alta with Mike for drivers ed. Mike said he did a great job. Mike got Jorja's tire fixed. There was a nail in it that punctured the tire. Good thing Mike noticed before Jorja heads to Logan next week. I haven't been feeling well today. I took Stockton to get a haircut then I picked up Preston and we stopped at Zupas and In & Out. I really wanted to have soup. When I got home and opened the orders they were completely wrong. I was sad. I called Zupas because it was a lot of money to spend on food no one would eat. Maysen loves the kids meal clam chowder and grilled cheese. Loves it. They gave her the clam chowder but it came with chicken strips. Maysen likes to dip her sandwich in the soup. She does not like the strips at all. The other order was a ham and bacon club sandwich. They gave us an ultimate grilled cheese, which no one in the family likes. The sandwich was for Jorja. She ended up finding something else in the fridge. Luckily the soup I wanted was right. Zupas tried to put some money back on my card. (I told them the soups were right, so they were going to put $15 of the $25 back on my card.) They couldn't get it to work because I bought the food in the store and not online. The guy told me he would write my name down and next time I come in they would give me a complementary kids meal and regular meal. I can't remember who I talked to though. I wasn't feeling too great when I called.

In better news, Stockton was pretty excited because the ring he ordered for Alyssa came. I was starting to get nervous about that. Stockton and Alyssa went to Walmart to find their ring sizes. They then ordered this ring while we were in Costa Rica. It has sapphires and I can't remember what the name of the other stone is. Too bad Alyssa left for Europe already and Stockton is leaving for Texas tomorrow. At least we know where the ring is and she will get it eventually.

Stockton
I spent a lot of time today doing laundry, trying to get caught up from the week of fun with Rachel. I was downstairs in the boys room when my brother Mike called. We were talking then I heard Bear bark through the phone. It was echoing weird. My first thought was I didn't realize you could hear the door ring down in the boys room, maybe the vents carry the sound? How did I not notice that before. I walked upstairs and told Mike to wait a second while I answer the door. It was Mike at the door! Hahahah I was completely surprised. He was only in town for the day and was able to stop by real quick. We talked for about an hour, then Stockton and I went with him to Shake Shack so he could get something to eat before he went back on the plane.
Mike & Stephanie
Stockton and I got shakes and got to be with Mike for a bit longer. It was awesome! Hope surprises like that happen more often. I got to see three of my brothers this week. Brett, Bubs and Mike. Love, love, love it! When we were leaving I went to order milkshakes for Maysen and Preston to take home. Only they were out of custard and couldn't make shakes. The name of the store is Shake Shack. How can they be out of shakes? Just like yesterday when Mike took the boys to Arbys and they were out of roast beef. So weird!

No comments: