Thursday, December 18, 2008

Christmas Parties

Today was Maysen & Jorja's Christmas parties. We started with Maysen. Her party was at 8:30. They had a breakfast with all the southern fixins. Mrs. Benton insisted I try their grits. It wasn't as awful as I thought it would be (the grits), but definitely not my first choice. I love how Maysen got two plates so her syrup wouldn't touch her other food. Preston enjoyed the party. Mike and I didn't enjoy keeping him away from a hot griddle all morning though.
The students were able to make three ornaments. The painted ornaments turned out super cute. The other two ornaments were torture. I hate crafts.
Jorja's party was in the afternoon. She had a pizza/cookie decorating party.

Jorja and her "best friend" Emma
Pretty delicious cookies there Porge.

Jorja and Mrs. Woodfin.

Jorja made this gingerbread house in Kindergarten a few weeks ago. She finally got to bring it home today!

Tonight is also our Christmas Eve. Santa is very accommodating. Every year we write him a letter and let him know which day would be best for him to come. The only year we have had Christmas on the 25th was 2005. That was the year Sharen died. We were in Utah almost the entire month of December. Maysen was really upset that we only got one Christmas that year!

I was excited to have the kids wear their jammies from last year. I found a bigger size for Preston on e-bay. Matching jammies make me so happy! But, it is pajama day at school tomorrow! There is no way I'm sending the girls to school in a nightgown - no matter how beautiful it looks.
At least Stockton & Preston match. Gotta love my boys!

No comments: