Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Shocking Skiing

Mike took Maysen and Stockton skiing today. It was Stockton’s first time. He loved it…although if you ask him he will say he didn’t have any fun. I guess they went one run too many.

We were able to go to the Parry family Christmas Eve dinner this year. The last time we made it, Stockton was a baby. I was excited to see everyone, but it seems like I didn’t get to see anyone. Time went so fast, before I knew it the day was over.

The big hit of the night was the shocking machine. Two people hold a paddle while they get shocked. Whoever can hold on the longest is the winner. Crazy! Stockton was so funny. He was undefeated playing against me, Jorja & Kanyon. Then Travis wanted to play him. Stockton was so worried about losing. I could barely watch him. He refused to let go. Towards the end, he was screaming, “I want this to end!” Travis and Stockton both held on until the shocking machine gave up. Stockton is so proud of himself. He talked about it all night long…then said he was sure Travis was talking about it too.





Kaydra is having as hard of a time as watching as I am! Travis knew the machine was about to give up, so he is encouraging Stockton to hold on. Crazy boys.

We watched a movie with Grandma & Grandpa about World War II. It was very interesting and I hope it never happens again. (The war, not the movie). I use to ask my mom about my Grandpa's experiences. She would tell me that Grandpa doesn't like to talk about it. I felt honored to listen to his stories. I'm amazed and very thankful that he made it out alive.

No comments: