Wednesday, December 31, 2008

New Car

We drove out from Georgia in our van. Before we went to Idaho, we switched cars at Mike’s brother’s and dad’s car lot so we could have a four wheel drive up to the cabin. They had their mechanic look at our van while we were in Idaho. We had a few little problems with our van, so we were excited to have those looked at. We were shocked to have Steve tell us that our van was a lot worse off then we thought. They were worried it would break down when we drove back across the country. They gave us the car we have been driving. Which is a great car. A lot newer then our van. I know I should just feel excited and grateful, but I am so sad about this. I loved my van. We got it two weeks before Stockton was born. I wasn’t ready to give it up. I know it’s ridiculous to feel disappointed about a new car, but I didn’t want a new car. I just wanted ours. I don’t do well with change, even if it is probably for the best. I do appreciate Mike’s family and all they do for us, I just don’t want them to have to do it for us. I know it doesn’t make any sense. Oh well.

We went and saw my Grandma and Grandpa Millburn today. My grandpa is 95. My grandma is 91. My grandpa promised me he would make it to 100. I wish we could see them more often. The kids were pretty behaved. They all wore their Christmas outfits that Grandma gave them. Cathy picked them out since it is hard for Grandma to get out now. I wanted her to be able to see what she had given the kids.


Grandpa, Grandma & Marie
Preston getting his 'Marie fix'.
Stockton adores Marie as well.
We spent New Years’ Eve at Steve and Shannon’s house. It was relaxing and very enjoyable. The best part of the night was when Lisa and Nathan’s family came over. They came straight from the airport to see us. We played games and at midnight there was a lot of silly string. Steve and Shannon are going to find random string around their house for days!

No comments: