Monday, December 29, 2008

Jazz

We left the cabin today. I love the cabin. It is the last memory I have from my childhood. Back when life was perfect…before I knew how cruel life could be. Don’t get me wrong, I love my life now. It is practically perfect. I just wish I could experience my mother with my kids. She would have been an amazing grandma. My kids would have loved her. I know that we will see her again and blah, blah, blah. That is great. I’m happy about that…but sometimes I want her now. I feel we got ripped off. Mostly, I just miss her. Anyway, I love the cabin. It is a place I feel I belong.

We drove back to Utah today. Dropped the kids off at Steve & Shannon’s house, then Mike and I dashed to the Jazz game. Steve & Shannon gave us their Jazz tickets for my birthday. It was so fun to watch the game so close. Only once have I had a better seat. When I was in 9th grade, I was able to watch the Jazz game in the Salt Palace from under the basket. I didn’t sit on a seat, I sat on the basket. I almost got ran over by Karl Malone. It was incredible.
The game was a blow out. Pretty fun to watch though. It was weird, there were so many people I didn’t recognize. We don’t get a chance to watch many games in Georgia. I thought Knight was funny. “He’s got those eyes…well, I can’t do it.” The game was amazing. Thanks to my super-nice brother-in-law for the ticket. We had a great time. It almost makes up for him dominating me in cards when we got back to their house.

No comments: