Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Jorjalocks

Jorja has long, beautiful hair. I love it. Especially when it is in two braids. There is something so sweet about her. Anyway, it came as a complete surprise to me that she wanted to cut her hair short. I tried to talk her out of it. It took me a few days to get use to the idea of my Jorja with short hair. I remembered Kaydra and Kalli did Locks of Love, so I asked Jorja if she wanted to donate her hair. She was thrilled with the idea. Especially since there is a little Kindergartner that is going through chemo right now. Jorja wanted to give the hair straight to her, but I had to explain that she wouldn't know how to make a wig. Anyway, you need 10 inches to donate. This was a little more then Jorja was expecting to cut off. Here are some pictures of her escapade.




Jorja with her prize.

Jorja's trying so hard not to cry. She was very brave. She waited until she was in the car and then she burst into tears because she didn't like it at all. I told Jorja she could cry all she wants. This is a big change. We then took Jorja to Arby's. There is nothing a roast beef can't fix!

After Arby's, we went to Stockton's pack meeting. They had a candy cane war. They even let Jorja enter. She ended up winning the entire tournament.
She is so proud.
Jorja won a gigantic box of candy. Oh, boy!

Jorja is so sweet. She is very giving and always tries to make others happy. I am so proud of her. Isn't she beautiful?


On a side note, when we pulled up to the haircutting place, I went to get Preston out of the car. I opened up the door and he had his hands over his face with a look of pure terror. I couldn't believe he remembered. He was fine once he understood we were here for Jorja.

1 comment:

FitzSimmons Times said...

Jorja - your hair looks SO cute! I can't wait to see it in person. I know it's a big change but you look like such a big girl!
Love, cousin Brooke