Sunday, December 21, 2008

We Made It!

Today we were in Texas, New Mexico, Colorado & UTAH!!! For the record, Stockton now hates New Mexico. It seemed like we would never get out of that state. Here is a picture of me driving through Southern Utah. Mike liked how you could see the red rocks under a blanket of snow. The kids were so good on the trip. We had no fighting, no puking and very little crying. Most of the crying was done by Preston when he would have to be strapped back in the car. Couldn't really blame him. Mike did have to threaten Stockton & Maysen with the worst punishment he could think of. They would have to write a fan letter to Miley Cyrus, send it to her and post it on their blog. Maysen & Stockton turned into angels. We went straight to my dad's house. My dad and Cathy gave each of the kids a book. They also got cute clothes from my Grandma Millburn.
Stockton is looking at the book Poetry Speaks to Children. He is testing my dad on his knowledge of the poem Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening by Robert Frost.

We were able to see Matt & John at my dad's house as well. That was great. Hopefully I'll get to see John again on this trip. We left my dad's house and are now at Steve & Shannon's house. Our children enjoy their cousins so much. Stockton & Brandon are funny. They think they look so much alike that they can trick people. Stockton was calling me Aunt Stephanie and Brandon was calling me mom. What ever makes you happy kid.

3 comments:

The Bubs said...

Ironically, New Mexico is also Matt's least favorite state. Something to do with hay trucks catching on fire.

The Jensen's said...

Wow what a long trip! Thank heaven for Wii! Just wanted to wish you guys a Merry Christmas from us Jensens! Oh and Happy Birthday to Steph in a couple of days too before I forget!

Anonymous said...

Why was Brandon at the Millburn's house opening presents?