Saturday, February 2, 2019

34 Steps, 18 Clouds

Selfie from Stockton!
Jorja spent most of the day with Cori. Until she had to work. They went to look for shoes, but didn't find any. Jorja came home with some nice jewelry and new casual shoes though. She also was able to have lunch with Scoop and Cori at the Cheesecake Factory. She certainly was spoiled today.

While Jorja was gone, Mike and I worked on the Amazing Race. Jordyn came over to help us. She showed us a cool WIM puzzle. It took me an hour to finish it. I think I'm going to use it though. I'm just going to modify it and make is simpler. The puzzle I did used the names of the 50 states. I'm going to use the names of the kids that are going to this dance. There are 22 of them. That should make it simpler. Jordyn is going to be at the library station for us. I'm so glad she is able to help! I heard from one mom who said she could help, but I need more people than that! Jordyn loves things like this, so hopefully it will be fun for her.
Jordyn's abacus ring. It even worked!
Mike and I walked around the mall looking for different challenges. Mike really wanted a counting challenge. I wanted the kids to be able to ride the animals. We found these lights that will make for a perfect challenge. There are 18 of them. Much more fun counting them then counting the 34 steps. We walked under those lights and around them, counting several times to make sure we were right. Hope the couple making out under them didn't mind us walking around them. Haha!
There was also a photo booth there. I think we are going to try and get the animals in front of the booth and have a detour. Either ride the animals or take a picture. Mike and I spent forever putting together ten 100 piece puzzles today. We taped them up so that it would be faster to put together. More like a 25 piece puzzle. We are planning on writing a clue for them to text their picture to one of us. They will then get this picture back.
We were able to get ahold of the owner of the animal riders. She said Mike and I could put our names on the wavers and sign for all the kids. Hopefully none of them go crazy and cause a lot of damage. Yikes! She's going to work with us on Saturday, so that is good. Things are starting to come together.

Jorja and Madison came over to work on makeup for Sweethearts. I think they got this down pretty good! No worries there!
Jorja

No comments: