Friday, February 22, 2019

Missionary Support Group

Today was weird. I was pretty stressed about dinner tonight. I invited all of the parents in our ward that has a missionary out right now. I was excited for it, but I am not a good host. It scares me. It made me anxious, which made me easily annoyed. Jorja went out to Chick-Fil-A after school with Madison and Spencer. She was not clear in her communication. She took forever to get home. I did not like that. I snapped at her when she got home asking what took so long. I didn't mean to be so on edge, but I was so annoyed that she went to Chick-Fil-A. Especially because I knew Mitchell was working. I felt like she was sneaking to see him. I was also furious because I read one of her happiness notes. I love reading those. Except this one. Her good thing today was that she had a bad day and called Mitchell and he cheered her up. I started wondering when she could have called him. Was that the reason why she was late getting home? I looked at her phone, but there was no record of her calling him. This made me furious. I knew she deleted the record from her phone. The number one rule of her cell phone is she is not allowed to delete anything. I don't know why she was hiding this from me. It is something stupid to hide from me; but if she is trying to gain my trust back doing things like this is definitely not going to help. I ended up talking to her about this, but I can't remember the exact day. Hopefully things like this won't happen again. Anyway, I made her sad without meaning to and that made me frustrated. She had a date tonight with Carter. They had been talking about going to the aquarium together since the summer. I felt so bad that I made her sad before this date. I want her to have a good time, especially since the date is not with Mitchell. I also really like Carter. He has been so nice to Jorja and was such a good friend to her last year. Luckily Jorja was able to have a good time despite me getting her in a bad mood.
Jorja & Joe
 Jorja & Spencer
 Carter & Jorja
 Jorja
Jorja ended up getting home a few minutes before people started coming over for the missionary dinner. That surprised me. Usually she is gone forever! She was excited to make it home in time for lasagna though. Mike does make the best lasagna.

The missionary dinner ended up being a hit. There are a lot of families with missionaries out right now. Only two couldn't make it. The Bartons (Jake) and the Mogensens (Daniel). The families that came were: The Maxfields (Landon), Clarks (Kelsee), Becky Johnson (Isaac), Batemans (Severine), Hayes (Bowie), Covingtons (Jordan), Heaton's (Jaxson & Dylan) and of course Stockton. It was so nice to talk with people who are experiencing all the emotions we are experiencing. Plus it is funny to hear their stories. For example, in Kelsee's mission they are now requiring them to wear orange vests when they ride their bikes or walk at all times. It is hilarious. Something bad must have happened to prompt that change. Ron and Jennifer Covington had to leave early to pick up a ring at the jewelers for their newly returned son Andrew. Looks like he will be getting engaged really soon. He is Maysen's age and that seems crazy. Anyway, tonight was such a fun night. People stayed for about three hours. I wish I had written this blog earlier so I could remember more. I just remember that I loved it and I hope this is a tradition that continues.
Rand Bateman, Jennifer & Ron Covington, Kanani & Monson Hayes, Nellie Bateman, Becky Johnson, Camee & Al Clark, Stephanie Smith
 Becky Johnson, Camee & Al Clark, Mike & Tiffany Mayfield, Stephanie Smith, Rand Bateman

No comments: