Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Preston One Upped Jorja

So, Preston was sick again this morning. His temperature was down to 101, but I called the doctor's office anyway. I have been wondering for a long time if Preston had mono like Jorja. I told them he had a temperature for three days and they said to bring him in. I asked if we could have a mono test done while we were there. They said no problem. I was not a fan of the nurse that helped us. When she took Preston's temperature she said it was 97 degrees. No way that was right. I'm not an idiot. Even kissing his forehead you can tell he is burning up. I told her that he was 101 at home and she condescendingly said that some thermometers aren't accurate. Still, that is a big difference. She asked if she could give Preston a flu test. I said sure. I asked if he could have a mono test too, she said we would have to talk to the doctor about that. They had to stick a swab up Preston's nose for the flu test. The doctor came back later and told us that Preston tested positive for the flu. That surprised me. I didn't expect that. Then she came over and felt him. She said, "Oh, he's burning up. You can just feel the heat coming out of his ears." I told her that he was only 97 on her thermometer. She said that some thermometers aren't accurate, but instead of insinuating that I was wrong, she made it sound like theirs was wrong. Which it was. I asked the doctor if we could have a mono test too. She said that we would have to wait fifteen minutes while they ran it. Fine by me. The doctor came back fifteen minutes later with a look of shock in her eyes. Preston has mono too. Double whammy. I asked if he could have gotten it a long time ago and it is still in his system. She said it was active mono, so he has it now. Poor sick little boy.
Preston
Preston's mono is nothing like Jorja's mono though. Jorja was slammed hard, still is, while Preston feels a bit under the weather . . . and that is probably because he has the flu!

Mike met Preston and I for lunch. We just went to Roxberrys and got smoothies since Preston didn't feel like eating anything. Jorja went to Arbys after school with Madison, Spencer and Isaac. They went to Madison's house after. I finally had to call and tell her I was coming to get her. I needed her home. I didn't want to leave Preston when I went to parent/teacher conference. It was nice that I was able to talk to Preston's teachers and let them know he wouldn't be in the rest of the week. Didn't need to make a special trip for that. Mike felt awful by the end of the day. Once he came home from work he and Preston had a sick party. Glad I wasn't invited.

Savannah was discharged from the hospital today. I couldn't believe it! Less than 24 hours after major surgery. I was in the hospital for FIVE days! Although I did have a hysterectomy at the same time. And I got a temperature. Still. Crazy to be sent home this fast. She had to drive all the way to Idaho Falls too! She said she slept most of the way, that's lucky.

No comments: