Friday, February 1, 2019

50 Years

Today would have been my parents 50th wedding anniversary. I wish my mom was here to celebrate. She was only here for 27 of them. Cancer stinks. I hate it. My dad is down in New Mexico today with my brother Mike. Blake is getting baptized tomorrow. I won't be able to go. It's hard having my family live so far away. We did get a new picture of Stockton that popped up on google photos. Yay! He looks so good!
Elder Stockton Smith
Preston got two teeth pulled today. Mike took him to the dentist this morning. The dentist is Mike's best friend when they were growing up. Mike sent me this picture and said, "Preston looks like a duck." Preston needs a lot of teeth pulled. They just did two today. I guess his baby teeth don't want to fall out.
Preston
Jorja had a field trip today. She missed three days of school this week. Two school field trips and one day of the MTC. Great, she is going to have to dig herself out of another hole again. Mike had today off. We spent it working on The Amazing Race. Jorja has asked us to put on a race for their dance date next Saturday. I'm not sure she realizes how much work is involved. It's okay though. This has given Mike and I something to throw ourselves into now that Stockton is gone. This will be good for us.
We went to the library today to figure out a place we could do a challenge.
Jorja and Mike played with the ducks for awhile. Jorja had to work tonight. As soon as she was out the door, Mike and I were back working on the race.
Jorja, Kiki, Quacky Chan
 Jorja & Kiki
 Jorja & Kiki, Quacky Chan & Mike
 Jorja & Kiki
 Mike with Kiki & Quacky Chan
Mike and I have talked about a lot of things for the race. I was really excited to have the kids do the Ferris wheel at Scheels. We were going to have them dye an egg and then have to carry the egg around for the entire race. They would need to take selfies with the egg. One of the selfies would be at the top of the Ferris wheel. We thought it would be cool to have a token come out in one of the envelopes. Well, that's not going to work. The Ferris wheel is closed down for awhile. I guess about a week ago a 14 year old autistic boy fell off of the Ferris wheel there. Dang it!

I thought it would be cool if the kids had to milk a cow at Wheeler Farm. I looked into that. They do let you milk their cows, but not in February. Mike and I went to the farm store today to figure out how to make a cow milking simulator. Haha. It's kind of hard, but I think that is what I like about it.
Preston & Mike
Mike, Preston and I all went to Nicklecade. We are thinking of having that as part of the Amazing Race. Our thought was to give them wrist bands and a roll of nickels. The challenge would be to earn enough tickets to buy an item Mike picked out. I think he wanted to get a plastic scorpion that cost 30 tickets. We aren't sure if this will work. It was $3 to get in and a roll of nickels is $2. The girls are giving us $20, but that is almost half of their money for this one challenge. It could be cool, we're just not sure about it.

Jorja had to stay late at work today. It was kind of sad because she really wanted to go to Joe's birthday party. She was able to stop by for about twenty minutes, but dang it! They kept her an hour late at work! She had a lot of fun at Joe's party. I wish she could have had a little more time there. Oh well, thems the breaks.

No comments: