Monday, February 18, 2019

Officially in Tucson

Okay, all of the pictures will show you that we are most definitely NOT in Tucson, but Stockton now is! Stockton had to check out of the MTC at 5:00 in the morning, so it was an early day for him. He called me when he was at the airport. I got to talk to him for exactly 9 minutes. Still! It was wonderful to hear his voice. He sure did love the MTC. He's a little nervous about being an official missionary out in the real world, but I know he will be fantastic.

We had our last day at the cabin today. Steve left really early. The rest of us played for a bit. It was cold, but so much fun. We sled out front for a bit and one last trip to the Springs.
 So beautiful!
 Mike & Preston ~ penguin style
 Preston
 Stephanie
 Penguin race! Mike & Preston, Stephanie & Jorja
We had agreed not to try and crash each other on the race. Of course Preston does not follow the rules. Despite him trying to jump on us towards the bottom, Jorja and I still pulled out the victory!
The Springs was so fun even though we broke our last two of my favorite sled. I went off a jump and broke the very last one. Dang it! We had one too few sled for the last run. Alex wanted to just ride the 4 wheeler down. I talked her into trying penguin style with me. She was nervous, but I talked her into it. I told her we could just go until we meet the 4 wheeler path, which really isn't very far. She agreed. We went so fast! It was fun . . . but we crashed. I was having a harder time steering then I usually do and Alex isn't used to going that fast. Anyway, I re-injured myself. It feels exactly the same as when I hurt myself on the rowing machine. It's always the last run. I was still able to finish, on my belly too. I have never done penguin sledding from the Springs. I have actually never gone on my belly from the Springs. It was super fun. I wish I could go down again.
Snowman by Lisa and Nova
I took Maysen and Jorja home. Preston is saying good-bye to Maysen. He loves her so much. I regret not going through Idaho Falls on my way home. The roads looked great and I thought we would be fine. But soon they were an icy mess. We were already too far on the way when we passed a 'chains only' sign. We drove on ice for hours. It was not fun. It took us forever too. We even went a different way to Logan then the way we came, but the roads were still terrible. I guess in the winter it is always better to backtrack to the freeway. I was so glad when we finally dropped Maysen off.
Preston & Maysen
 Jorja & Alex
We helped Maysen bring stuff up to her apartment, then we went to eat with her. Last semester a hamburger restaurant opened in Maysen's building. Stockton was a fan. Maysen not so much. It was nice to be able to have somewhere to eat without needing to drive. We filled our bellies and said goodbye to Maysen.
Maysen & Jorja
We dropped Alex off around 9:30. I think. I was so glad to get home. We only made it home a few minutes before Mike and Preston, and they left waaaayyyy after us. Although they didn't drive to Logan and didn't drive on thick icy roads for several hours. Still. Anyway, this weekend was a lot of fun. I love the cabin. I love that Mike and our kids love it as much as I do. Happy memories.

No comments: