Thursday, February 21, 2019

Checks

Maysen ordered checks months ago. Before Christmas. We have wondered where they were. She had them sent to our house, but we never received them. Or so we thought. Today I found an envelope that looked like junk mail in my junk mail pile I was going through. It dawned on me that they were probably the checks we were waiting for. I texted Maysen a picture and asked if she wanted me to open it and see if her checks were there. She texted back: check for my checks and then check back with me. Haha.

The ducks were getting along pretty well today. They were all swimming on the swimming pool cover and having a blast. I haven't seen that before! You can't really see it here, and I didn't want to go outside to take a picture, but I texted this to Mike and Jorja.
Jorja didn't have a good day today. Some people can be mean. She was talking with a group of people that she has wanted to become friends with for a long time, but never feels like she fits in. She was telling the story about how she almost got hit yesterday when one of the boys told her that everyone says she is a terrible driver. Which is absolutely not true. She drives a stick for crying out loud. Not many 16 year olds can do that. Plus, she is an excellent driver. I am not nervous when she drives me, and I'm a huge scaredy-cat. Anyway, Jorja told the boy he was hurting her feelings and she was going to leave. He said, "Go ahead and leave. We won't miss you because no one here cares about you." Really? What a jerk! This same kid has been quite rude to her in the last few weeks. I don't know what's going on there, but I want to strangle him. He also works with Jorja at Chick-Fil-A and was working today. Jorja was put on dining room for her entire 6 hour shift. She hates dining room. It is so boring. There is only so long you can walk around handing out mints without going crazy. Today was not a good day for her.
Jorja & Emily

No comments: