Monday, February 11, 2019

Sick and Sleepy

Jorja didn't make it to school on time today. I could not get her up. It is easy to tell the difference when the mono is the problem and when she just doesn't want to wake up. Today was 100% mono. I think she overdid it on Saturday and is now paying the price. I called and talked to my best friends at the attendance office. I told them she is going to try and check in at the end of 5th period. Well.....she missed all of 5th and all of advisory. She did get there in time for math, but I had to call the attendance office and change her time.

I finally finished Stockton's brownies and MAILED them! Yay! He will get one package from us while he is at the MTC! Even though I started working on the brownies last Monday, they still tasted great. They are Stockton's favorite.
Jorja's seminary teacher is quite excited she showed up for seminary!
Preston came home from school sick today. His throat is pretty red and hurting. Hopefully he'll be able to sleep it off. It feels like he has been sick a lot lately. Mike made me laugh today. I took a picture and sent it to Jorja. This was our conversation:

Mike: It's so late. I'm super tired.
Me: Alexia, what time is it?
Alexia: It's 8:23 pm

Hahahahaha! We are old!
Sleepy Mike
I was up really late talking to Jorja. She wrote me this long letter asking if she could go out with Mitchell on Valentine's Day. I am very anti Mitchell. Mostly because how things started with him, which involved Jorja lying to me. I can not stand being lied to. Instead of grounding her from everyone, I just grounded her from Mitchell. She begged me to let her go out with him on Valentine's Day. She promised to keep her room clean, get her grades up, talk to me about everything, not kiss him, and do anything I want her to do. I actually prayed about this. I still don't feel good about Mitchell, but I felt it was okay to let her go out on this date with him. I hope I don't regret this.

No comments: