Sunday, December 19, 2021

Gingerbread Party and the BEST Present

I got the coolest message from my brother Mike. He said, "I asked Larkin to learn and sing a song for you to add to your Christmas present. She only recorded a minute of it so I'll send you a sneak peek. Hope you like it." It was AMAZING! He is having Larkin play the guitar and sing Visiting Hours! I cried and cried when he sent it. It was soooo cool. I absolutely love it and can't wait until he sends me the entire thing! What a nice, thoughtful, awesome gift! Larkin plays and sings beautifully too. I love it!

We had the Smith family gingerbread party today. It was so much fun. It's a lot of work, but I love getting together. Tage never fails to tell me this is her favorite thing of the year. Haha. Lisa and Nathan flew in yesterday, so they were able to be here too. What a great day.

Stephanie~ making frosting. Yes, I used ALL those bags of powdered sugar
We actually had a spot for the food this year. Shannon usually brings pizza and Sherry usually brings salad.
Stephanie again
Stockton invited Alyssa. They were here first and got a head start.
Alyssa & Stockton
Candy
Preston wanted a chocolate house
Matt, Xander, Connor, Erica's head, Miah, Dallin, Tage
Leo, Jacob, Nova's head, Alyssa, Stockton, Preston
Xander, Connor, Miah's elbow, Melissa's head, bit of Tage's face, Derek
Leo, Jacob, Nova's head, Brandon, Maysen's head, Alyssa, Stockton, Preston
Jorja & Michael
Jacob (sleepy Connor, Xander, Brandon)
Jacob & Brandon (Xander & Miah behind)
We hung out in the movie room after decorating. Mike made lots of cotton candy. We had fun throwing in different hard candies. Holy cow jolly ranchers are crazy strong!
Connor
Matt, Miah, Connor
The newlyweds ~ Dallin & Tage
And now... the houses...
Preston's chocolate house
Jorja
Stockton ~ heat miser/cold miser house
Alyssa
Stockton & Alyssa
Maysen
Mike
Tage & Dallin
Miah
Xander & Connor
Sherry & Matt
Brandon (and Steve)
Jacob
Shannon
Michael
Michael made a home in a trailer park
Lisa ~ she was planning on making Snoopy's house, but I didn't get any licorice, or red for the roof.
Melissa & Taylor

Aimee flies here in a few days, but we will be at the cabin. I sent home two houses, frosting and candy for them. Hope they have fun! Too bad we don't get to see baby Jonathan. I missed getting pictures of some houses. Erica, Nova, Leo..... anyway, today was a great day. Alyssa is sleeping in Stockton's room and Stockton is sleeping with Jorja and Preston in Jorja's room. We played Jackbox until it was time to sleep. I'm exhausted, but it was such a great day. Although we did find out one sad thing. The little kid bumper cars at Lagoon burned down. That use to be my favorite ride. Hope they build it back.

No comments: