Thursday, December 16, 2021

Moving Out and Moving Home

Jorja finished her first semester of college today! She got a 94% on her Chinese final. 4.0 for her too. Wow! Stockton and Jorja are killing it in college. Jorja came home for Christmas today. Mike and I passed her on the freeway. She was driving home and we were driving to Logan. We were looking for her but we didn't actually see her. Jorja went straight to Costa Vida with Ella for dinner. Alta was doing the Make-a-Wish fundraiser there. Glad she was able to support.

Mike and I met Stockton and helped him move out. He had everything packed, which was super nice. Isaac saw Stockton on his last load to the car and helped him. We got our first/last picture of Issac and Stockton as roommates. We then drove to the Bungalow. As soon as Stockton opened the door I could hear cheers. I was at the car on the street. He is going to love it there. We moved all of Stockton 's boxes in and then went to dinner at Chick-Fil-A. We stopped at Win-Co to get some chocolate rocks for gingerbread houses then Mike and I headed home. Stockton is sleeping at the Bungalow tonight on a beanbag. He has spent many nights that way this semester. I'm excited for Christmas vacation!

Isaac & Stockton
One silly story. Preston has a super long lunch today. They do this once a year as a reward, but Jorja was the only one of my kids that ever liked this. Preston asked me if I would bring him McDonalds. I told him I would and to text me the time. He texted 11:55. A few hours later I head to McDonalds, pick up his order and drive to Alta. I get out my phone to text him that I'm here. That was when I noticed it said 11:55. I had thought it said 10:55, so I was there an hour early. I didn't order anything for myself so I drove home and ate Preston's food. Greg had the last sip of the orange hi-c and loved it. He asked if I ever saw that drink again if I could get him one. Well....I headed back to McDonalds at the correct time. I ordered Preston's lunch and got a few extra orange hi-c drinks. Dropped off Preston's lunch and let Matt's kids go to town on the drinks. I can't believe I did that, but I guess an hour early is better than an hour late.

No comments: