Sunday, May 22, 2022

Home Again!

I get up a lot earlier than everyone else everyday. I used the time on this trip to type a record on my notes app on my phone of what we did the day before. That is very helpful as I blog now long after the fact. I tried to get a picture here of how much room Mike has. I was on a little sliver of bed and Mike has half of the bed not being used. I couldn't get a good picture though. Mike woke up when I took the picture and asked what I was doing. I told him. He said that I shouldn't run away from him so he wouldn't have to chase me. Hahaha. My feet always feel claustrophobic when I sleep. I have to have them sticking out of the covers or it drives me insane.
Mike and his million acres of bed
We had plenty of time to pack up this morning. We had breakfast and then met our driver around 10:00. We were at our gate about three hours early. But that's better than five minutes late! We had just sat down to play a game of Nertz when Mike asked if we were missing a suitcase. We looked around and it suddenly dawned on me that I never took my carryon suitcase off of the conveyor thing when we went through security. Whoops. Luckily we had a lot of time. It took me awhile to find my way back. I spotted my suitcase right away. It was in the middle with all the security people. When I was finally able to get someone's attention they asked me to wait. One of the guards looked through her phone and found a picture of me going through security. She asked me to confirm that it was me. Then she needed my passport and scanned it. Then I got my bag back. I guess if I was going to leave my suitcase anywhere on this trip that was the perfect spot. When it was left alone security was all around it. And we had time to kill. Glad I got it back though. 
One last shot of maps while we were in Costa Rica
We had no trouble getting home. Flights were okay. Getting through customs was fast. (That was nice after the hours it took us to get into Costa Rica.) Stockton picked us up and then we were finally home! Bear dog was soooo excited to see Mike. The kids were all up so we hung out downstairs for awhile and gave them their gifts. We got Maysen and Preston shirts and we got Stockton a two person hammock. We talked for awhile and got to bed around 1:30 am. Preston has school tomorrow. I hope he isn't too tired!
7-11 in the Dallas airport. I don't know why I thought that was so funny.

No comments: