Saturday, May 14, 2022

Start of an Adventure

I woke up this morning and the first thing I did was check outside for Jorja's bag. Nope, nothing there. I took a quick shower before I looked again. Still nothing. I went outside by the garage just in case. Nope. I finally went downstairs and woke up Jorja. After two seconds of panic she checked her phone. There was a message saying the bag was left at the guard gate. That was weird. I drove down there and sure enough it was waiting for us. Thank goodness! I washed Jorja's clothes and spent the rest of the day packing for Costa Rica and trying to get things ready for the kids who are staying home. I did not get everything finished that I wanted to. Hope the kids do okay while we are gone. Maysen is in charge of food and the dog. Stockton is getting Preston to school and helping him with math. Preston has all As now, but a math test this week. He missed two days of math for Chinese. One for the BYU business thing and one for the AP test. That makes me a bit nervous. Good thing he has a 99% in the class right now. Just don't want to trip at the finish line!

Apparently Bear spent most of our trip here. Poor dog loves Mike so much.
Our flight to Texas went great. Stockton dropped us off at the airport. We got to our gate with plenty of time to spare. They were begging people to check their bags. We finally went up and the lady promised me she wouldn't lose them. (She didn't.) She also gave us better seats. We had three middle seats in different rows. She moved me to a window emergency exit seat. She moved Jorja to a window and Mike next to Jorja. Looking outside an airplane is cool. Like, what is this random lake in the middle of nowhere, and why are there all these circles?
We stayed at a hotel in the Dallas airport. Jorja really wanted tacos from Torchies. She door dashed an order and dinner was taken care of. She thought she would need to meet the door dash guy in the lobby. Instead he came to our room. I sent a picture of me with the bag to Jorja and Mike while they were down in the lobby. Haha
Jorja
Jorja & Mike
Stephanie
I fell asleep while Mike and Jorja were watching some joke show. That's about it for today! Hope the kids do great without us. I'm sure going to miss them.

No comments: