Thursday, May 5, 2022

They're Back!

I proctored an AP Stats test today. It was in the same room as the last one. While I was getting set up I decided to see if there was a 'quiet - testing' note on the door. I pushed open the door that said an alarm would go off. Something was blocking it. Mr. Edwards ran quickly towards the door and told me not to open it. It wasn't a hallway, it was his room! I asked him if he could make sure it wasn't too loud today. He said that it was e-sports kids that were so loud. He cancelled e-sports until testing is over. Nice!

I was about to start the test and I said something like, "This test will go after the school day ends. If you need to contact anyone you should do it now." Last test there were several kids that were stressing because they hadn't told their friends not to wait for them. Anyway, someone raised their hand and asked if they should move their car from drivers ed. Three kids had parked there! So, I let those three kids leave. They dashed out of there. The girl gave her keys to someone and had them move it. A boy came back a few minutes later. One boy took forever to get back. He looked wrecked when he came in. He stopped at the back of the class and sat down. Didn't even make it to his seat. I started reading the millions of instructions, then the boy just left. I'm pretty sure he went to throw up. He looked how I feel when I push myself too hard exercising. We waited for him to come back and he was able to take the test, but probably not the best way to start.

While the kids were taking the test I got a FaceTime call from Jorja. Of course I didn't answer it. My phone was on 'do not disturb' and I had the volume off and the sound all the way down, just in case. I messaged Jorja and told her that I couldn't talk until the test was over. She wrote back that she is going to Hawaii. What? She got her FSY assignments. She has 2 weeks in Logan, a week in Provo, a week in Hawaii! and another week in Provo. Hahaha! That girl! Of course she would get Hawaii! So, in the next few months she will go to Italy, Costa Rica, Hawaii and Hong Kong. What a life!

Mike and I left for Logan after I got home. We met Stockton at the Bungalow and helped him load up his boxes. He has loved living there. I'm glad he was able to have this experience. So glad he moved out of the LLC. The Bungalow was a much better environment. We left his bunkbed and desk there. We will probably move it out after summer when Stockton has a better idea of where he will be.

Stockton drove home and Mike and I met Jorja at the LLC. We got her moved out and left her to say goodbye to her friends. We then stopped at a pizza place that we went to after Maysen's college graduation. It is now called Ruby's. That surprised me. Mike and I were exhausted by the time we got home. Stockton was already there and Jorja got home about an hour after we did. Stockton and Jorja stayed up late. Jorja had to pack for Italy and Stockton gave her moral support. (I told Stockton to try and keep her on task. Haha) Anyway, all four kids are here for the night and I LOVE IT!

No comments: