Monday, March 18, 2019

Adopted Sisters

Jorja had a hard day today. She texted me from school saying, "I can't do this mom. I have a D+ in history" She had been working on her history papers over the weekend. Her teacher told her she just needed to have them in at the end of the quarter. He doesn't remember that. He said the highest she can get on anything is a B-, which leaves her grade in the toilet. We texted back and forth for awhile trying to figure out a solution. Later that day she texted, "I can't do ap classes I'm sorry. I literally can't do them." That is not true. She can. She has just missed so much school and been so sick. We texted for awhile longer then she said, "I'm actually crying in class right now I can't do this." It was a hard day. The quarter ends on Friday, so everything is intense right now. Jorja stayed after and talked to her Chemistry teacher. Usually that class has been an easy A for Jorja. She texted me and said the highest grade she could get was a B. That surprised me. Still, I just want Jorja to get out of this quarter with decent grades. It has been so rough. Jorja stayed after school to find out who made it to finals for the student body office elections. I brought her work clothes when I picked her up and she changed in the car. She had to work from 3:30-10:00. Except she didn't get off until 11. She works way too much for how tired she has been. I have been trying to convince her to say she can't work past 9. She doesn't want to do that. I never let Maysen or Stockton have a job because I was worried it would interfere with their grades. I wanted them to get scholarships and thought it would pay more in the long run to have a scholarship then a part time job. Both Maysen and Stockton got excellent scholarships. Fingers crossed Jorja will be able to figure something out as well.

I got to talk to Stockton today! This calling every p-day is amazing! I love talking to him. He was sick though. He has been sick since Saturday. He said that everyday he hopes he either wakes up better or super sick. If he was super sick he could stay home and recover. He has felt awful, but not enough to stay in bed all day. Riding a bike when he had the chills wasn't super fun though. He also had problems with his bike tires again. I talked to Stockton for two hours. While they were at the gym for basketball, while he was doing laundry and while he was fixing his bike tire. He was super embarrassed about dropping two phones at the same time into the toilet. So, Stockton has had better weeks than this one.

I met my cousins Heather, Jordyn and Markell for dinner. It was awesome! We laughed and laughed and laughed. We were so loud. Whoops. We stayed until we realized the restaurant had closed. I hope we get together like this more often, because I loved every second of this. At one point one of the girls said something about her divorce and the others gave her fist bumps. I said, "Wow. I don't fit in here." Or something like that. I was the only one not divorced at the table, and it was weird. Heather looked at me right away and said, "Who here has a mom?" Hahaha! I laughed so hard! I know I have written this down before, but when I was in Idaho there was a ton of people in my grandparents' kitchen. A phone rang and Mike picked it up. The caller was listed as MOM. Mike held up the phone and said, "Who here has a mom?" Everyone started saying, "Not me, not me, not me" There was not one person in the room that had a mom. Heather was there when it happened. We all started laughing hysterically and pointing at each other saying, "You don't have a mom!" We were crying from laughing so hard. Jordyn's mom came in right after it happened and said, "This is the saddest thing I have ever heard!" Which made us laugh even harder. The second Heather said that to me I started laughing so hard. Anyway, Markell is the only one of us that has a sister. I will have to adopt Heather and Jordyn as my sisters from now on. Haha.
Markell and I had our food served in a pineapple
 Markell & Jordyn
 Stephanie, Heather, Markell, Jordyn

No comments: