Tuesday, March 5, 2019

Water Bottle

We got another secret message from Stockton today! It just was a picture that let us know the email we sent out to everyone with his letter from the week didn't work. Not an exciting message, but still so cool! I texted Jorja a lot today. She wanted me to find a number for Classic. She wants to rent it out after hours for the sophomore class. She called them and found a time that would work. Her plan was to sell tickets to the sophomores for a few dollars to pay for it, if there is anything extra it would be put into the sophomore fund. She felt very anxious to get this done and thought it was a really good idea. She stayed after school in the hopes to talk to Mr. Packer about it. He shut her down though and wouldn't even listen to her. It was too bad because she had the leg work done and had a plan, but he wouldn't give her a chance. Because she tried to talk to Packer she missed her ride home with Conner. Instead she went with Madison, Spencer and Isaac to Arbys to eat. I was a little sad because we had planned on getting something after school when we went to get her car filled with gas. I didn't eat lunch so I would be hungry when we went. Instead I just didn't eat anything. Jorja ended up going to the softball game with those guys then afterwords they went to Scheels. She was quite proud of talking her way onto a free Ferris wheel ride. Jorja had a $50 gift card that she won at her work party in January. I had tried to talk her into using that to buy nice mittens. She didn't want to, she wanted to get something fun instead. That is fine, but she always borrows my mittens when we go sledding, because they are awesome. She has wanted some of her own. Hers got destroyed a few times ago. Anyway, she came home with a fancy bright yellow hydro flask water bottle. It cost at least $30! Then she spent $5 to get it engraved! Spencer is in her seminary class and I guess she wrote really small Jorja loves Spencer on his water bottle. So, since he was with her she got 'Spencer loves Jorja' engraved on her water bottle! I don't know why this annoyed me so much, but it just did. I know the engraving was bigger than she realized it would be, but I hate it. Jorja was so surprised. She kept looking at me and saying, "But it's funny." She also said, "But it was a gift card, so it wasn't real money anyway." I know that, but she could have bought mittens! If she had gotten a cute shirt I wouldn't be annoyed, but this just seemed wasteful. The water bottle is super cute but I absolutely HATE the engraving. Anyway, after Jorja came home she left again with Madison to go to a stake young womens activity. It was YCL training. (Youth Camp Leader) They learned a weird rap they are going to have to sing. Jorja hated it. Preston got to go to Airborne for his activity. He had a lot more fun than Jorja did.

No comments: