Friday, March 8, 2019

Sophomore Picture

The new student government pictures were finally put up. It is March. They have already started the process for elections for student body officers. Last year their pictures were up in November I think. Taken in November and up in November. This year they were taken in October and up in March. This picture was taken on the day Jorja got Kiki. Packer has been in a bad mood all week long. He started advisory by saying, "We are going to meet by" before he could finish someone whispered, "The North A" or something like that. Jorja said that he always tells them to meet by either the North A or the South A, so this person was just guessing. Apparently that set Packer off and he yelled at them to get out. They ended up spending all of advisory walking with their arms folded in complete silence in a single file line. Wow. No wonder none of the other sophomore boys want to run next year. Jorja said, "Honestly, if it stays like this I don't know if I would want to run again either." Hopefully this mood of his doesn't last long.
Joe ~ Secretary, Marshall ~ Historian, Carson ~ Vice President, Bode ~ Public Relations
Shafer ~ Senator, Jorja ~ President
I got so frustrated with Jorja today. I feel like she If You Give a Mouse a Cookie's me all the time. She will start by asking for something small, I will agree, then she asks for something more until the ending point is something that I never would have agreed to in the first place. I have tried to explain to her how this makes me feel, but she keeps doing it. I know she doesn't mean to, but I hate it. This is our LONG (sorry) texting conversation:

Me 2:29: Whaat time should I come get you?

Jorja 2:34: I think I'm getting a ride with Madison (note: realize at this exact point I realize this means she is getting a ride with Spencer and they are going out to eat. I want her to ask me.)

Me 2:34: Are her parents coming?
Me 2:43: Are you coming straight home?

Jorja 2:45: yeah

Me 2:45: And Madison's parents are coming?

Jorja 2:53: Spencer gonna take you but now he wants to get food is that okay?

Me 2:53: How about I come get you.

Jorja 2:54: It'll be fast
Jorja 2:54: He's driving rn cuz I didn't know we were getting food
Jorja 2:54: When he said that I texted you right away

Me 2:54: Are you in his car now?

Jorja 2:54: Yes
Jorja 2:54: We weren't gonna get food when I got in

Me 2:54: You made me think Madison's parents were picking you up.

Jorja 2:55: I didn't mean to

Me 2:55: Yes you did.

Jorja 2:55: He's taking her home and a friend too

Me 2:55: I don't care.
Me 2:55: It's the deception I care about.

Jorja 2:56: I didn't mean to!!
Jorja 2:56: Madison asked if I wanted a ride before I even knew it was Spencer she was going with
Jorja 2:56: So I texted you

Me 2:56: From now on, only get rides home with me and Conner.
Me 2:57: Every single time Spencer has taken you home you have stopped for food. Why would you think today would be any different?

Jorja 2:57: Because Madison said they were going straight home
Jorja 2:58: I told him I didn't want to

Me 2:58: Have they ever? I asked more than once if her parents were coming.

Jorja 2:58: But we were already driving so I couldn't get out and Madison and her friend wanted to go

Me 2:58: You would not answer.

Jorja 2:58: I told you it was spence
Jorja 2:58: I didn't see it!
Jorja 2:58: I was walking out then

Me 2:58: Twenty minutes after!

Jorja 2:58: I checked my phone when I got in the car
Jorja 2:59: I have do not disturb on

Me 2:59: I am not okay with this. Just FYI.

Jorja 2:59: It was in my pocket

Me 2:59: Plan on me from now on. I wanted to get you anyway.

Jorja 2:59: Sorry I really didn't know

Me 3:00: You just assume and I hate it.

Jorja 3:00: I didn't mean to

Me 3:00: Pretty sure you did.

Jorja 3:00: Do you want to get me from wherever we're going?
Jorja 3:00 I think he's driving to chick oil a
Jorja 3:00 I'm not even gonna rt anything

Me 3:01: I don't care what you eat. You go out with these guys all the time and take forever to come home. Not okay. Where are you and I will pick you up.

Jorja 3:04: Chick fil a

Me 3:04: On my way.

Anyway, that was our conversation and I drove to Chick-Fil-A and picked up Jorja. She was crying when I got there. I know I made her embarrassed, still! How could she not realize what was happening when I realized it within seconds. She needs to be more aware and think. If she would have asked I probably would have let her go. Although maybe not, her hanging out with Spencer has been annoying me lately. Mostly because it is a lot and for a long time. She is never alone with him, usually Madison is there, still....she has so much homework to catch up on. Jorja and I talked for a long time in the car. It was a good conversation. She told me that she thought she was helping me by finding a different ride home. I told her that my entire day revolves around when I'm picking her up. I love picking her up. It is time I get to talk with just her. She is so busy and I rarely get to see her, so I look forward to these times. I also wanted to take her somewhere after school today. I don't like having my plans changed last minute. I know it seems weird that I told her she is only able to get rides home with me or Conner, why not just me. Well, even though I love picking her up, it is nice not to have to do it every day. Conner takes her home on A days and I pick her up on B days. I also trust Conner. A lot. Even though I don't really know him. I am not worried about her at all when she is with him, especially since they don't like each other anymore. If they still did that would be a whole different ball game.

Jorja had a date planned with Mitchell for tonight. That was cancelled because he was sick, so she was just in a sad mood. She ended up picking up Hailey and they went and got ice-cream and came here and watched a sad movie. Hailey had to go home around 9:00, but Madison came over after that. I think Jorja's night ended well. I know I made her sad, but hopefully she understands where I'm coming from and will think before she gets herself into situations where she might get in trouble. I know this wasn't a big deal, I just want her to let me know where she is going before she goes somewhere, and not text on the way when I can't do anything about it. I just might embarrass her and pick her up when that happens. I used to let her get away with things like that, but I'm not going to worry about what embarrasses her anymore.
Jorja & Madison
 Jorja

No comments: