Monday, March 25, 2019

Taiwan and Nauvoo

I got to talk to Stockton for three and a half hours today. It was awesome! He called earlier than he usually does and was able to talk for a long time. He is always surprised how people can play so much basketball. That is when he usually calls me. During p-day while the others are playing basketball. Then we talk for a long time and I absolutely love it. Best rule change ever. Stockton says his companion has only called home once. Most of the missionaries that have been out for a long time don't want to call home. Luckily the change came when Stockton was still in the MTC so this will be his normal. Stockton asked me to send him some pictures of him with his sideburns. I sent him some digital files, then took pictures of the two 8 X 10s I have of him. I love both of these pictures.
Stockton's sterling scholar picture
 Stockton's graduation picture
Jorja didn't make it to first period today, but she got there before math. She missed student government. She still feels sick, but not bad enough to stay home the entire day. Student body elections are going on right now. She worked the election table during lunch and after school. I picked her up while I was talking to Stockton on the phone. She was able to talk to him while we were driving home.
Kylie & Jorja
 I changed Jorja's sign in her room. Wonder when she'll notice.
Jorja had work for four hours today. She did not feel well by the time she came home. Poor girl. She did have two super exciting things happen today. This morning I checked her email and saw that there was one from the Chinese place. I brought her phone to her when I woke her up. She did it! She was picked to go on the service trip to Taiwan this summer! I'm so excited for her. Another senior boy from Alta is going. There were two other girls from Alta that had interviews, but they didn't make it. That's too bad. Anyway, super excited for Jorja. I think this is going to be such a great opportunity. After I dropped Jorja off at school I picked up the mail. There was a letter from Mormon Heritage. She won the essay contest! She will be able to go on a church history trip this summer. It is supposed to be the end of July. Let's hope it stays that way. They might move it to the beginning of July if not enough people sign up for the other tour. If that is the case she won't be able to go. She comes home from Taiwan on July 8th, but the tour would leave July 6th. Also, we have our fingers crossed that Jorja can win her student government elections this year. If that is the case we hope that Packer chose the first week of student government camp. If he picked the second week Jorja won't be able to go. Guess we'll wait and see on that one. Still, what an amazing opportunity she is going to have! I'm so excited for her!

No comments: