Saturday, November 6, 2021

Dragon Fan

I took Bear on a walk this morning. I had him on his leash and he did great. We walked to the top of the property near the road. There was a dog across the street barking at us. Not aggressively, but the dog started coming towards us. Bear didn't bark at all. All of a sudden I noticed a truck coming and I worried the dog would get hit. I took a few quick steps towards the road and shouted for the dog to go back. That was a bad idea because the dog just came towards me. Right as the truck came. I heard a thump, closed my eyes and screamed. I was 99% sure I would see a smashed dog in the road. Nope. The dog was over by his owner like nothing had happened. The owner asked me what the truck hit and I cried that the only thing there was the dog. It didn't look like the dog was hurt at all. I'm guessing that when the truck hit his breaks the dog got out of there. The thump was probably something from the back of the truck. It was so scary.

Mike set a zip line up for Bear. One of the rules for having pets at the lodge is they have to be on a leash at all times. Mike has always wanted to try out this zip line. We got it for the cabin, but haven't found a great place for it. Bear did great on it and it was fun watching him run around. He didn't like not being able to follow Mike as he was packing up though. Haha

Bear in front of the Moose Cabin
Maysen and I stopped in Malad on the way home. This was painted on the sidewalk in front of the pizza store. I thought it was funny. It took me awhile to realize the high school mascot is a dragon. Now that's a cool mascot! I wonder if the middle school is still Baby Kitten's like we saw in my Grandpa Parry's yearbook.
We got home just as the BYU/Idaho State game was starting. BYU dominated, as was expected. It was a nice relaxing game to watch though.

No comments: